FitBit Calories?

Options
Hi! Thanks to the advice from folks here, I took the plunge and got a FitBit. I really like it so far, and hopefully it will be the missing piece to get me motivated to lose weight. So, my question...I am making an effort to be more diligent in logging my food on MFP. I also feel like the FitBit gives me a good sense of the actual calories I burn a day. And I know that the science of it all is that I need to eat 500 calories fewer a day then I've burned to lose that magical pound a week. SO...is there a way to customize my calorie target for the day in MFP? And, would you just use the calories from the day before? (ie, if I burned 2300 yesterday, my calorie goal for today would be 1800) THANKS for the help - I really appreciate it!

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You can sync your Fitbit and MFP accounts. MFP will then adjust your calorie allowance throughout the day in accordance with your activity level. It works best if you can sync your Fitbit several times per day. I have my One linked to my iPhone, so I can update every couple of hours.

Click on "Apps" in the upper toolbar, then scroll down to Fitbit Tracker for information on how to link the accounts.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Syncing is the best way, then all the math is done for you!
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i found that fit bit was giving me way to many extra calories. Worked great at first then i plateaued and fitbit kept giving me tons of calores to eat
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can sync your Fitbit and MFP accounts. MFP will then adjust your calorie allowance throughout the day in accordance with your activity level. It works best if you can sync your Fitbit several times per day. I have my One linked to my iPhone, so I can update every couple of hours.

Click on "Apps" in the upper toolbar, then scroll down to Fitbit Tracker for information on how to link the accounts.

This is exactly the advice I would have given and what I have done. It makes things simple.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Done this very same thing except I don't get to update during the day but it still works well especially for motivation.
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm all synced, so we'll see how this goes!