Every Body Walk App/ Has Anyone Used or Know Anything About?

Options
Has anyone in the MFP community had any experience with the free Every Body Walk app for iPhone or Android? I just uploaded it to my iPhone this afternoon. Its put out by Kaiser Permanente so im assuming (and hoping) its pretty good. It supposedly lets you track your mileage and calories burned by using your maps/GPS feature to plot the course you jog or walk.
Any imput or experience would be appreciated! If you know of any better free apps you use, please list them here as well in case this doesnt work as promised tonight!
Thank you all!!!
xoxo, S

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I use Moves for iPhone. It is really light on battery use and has all the features you want...and free.

http://www.moves-app.com/
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper. I am happy with it. Would be nice if it synched to MFP though.
  • SandyHKSunshine
    Options
    Thank you Chaelaz!! I am going to go for a jog shortly and try this everybody walks app out and see how it goes! I will definitely look into yours as well though. I appreciate it! I use a pedometer usually, not that it matters how far I go because I usually work off time. But Im intrigued to see how this does work!!
    Thank you!
    xoxoxo, S
  • SandyHKSunshine
    Options
    I use RunKeeper. I am happy with it. Would be nice if it synched to MFP though.
    OMG do you know of any apps that do link with MFP? That would be amazing if I didn't have to imput that! One thing I do like about what I've read is that this everybody walk app is supposed to know hills/ terrain etc so I know my calories burned. I dont like entering standard jog 4mph = x calories because I vary my jogs/walks up hills, downhills, on the beach, on the road, on the track, etc.
  • lolamleo
    lolamleo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey endomondo is free and it syncs to mfp. i really like it! :o)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    OMG do you know of any apps that do link with MFP? That would be amazing if I didn't have to imput that!

Moves doesn't and doesn't have any online way to track. That's the downfall, but I contact them (and MFP) and both were going to try and work together. As it is, it is a standalone app unfortunately.

The others I have seen that do sync are not free, but not too expensive either.
  • SandyHKSunshine
    Options
    hey endomondo is free and it syncs to mfp. i really like it! :o)
    Right on! Thats awesome thank you! I'll be uploading endomondo tonight because every body walks was NOT impressive. Its not accurate at all. I google mapped my usual route, checked via pedometer, and every body walk was not even close to the true mileage.
    Disapprove highly!
    Thanks all for your help & ideas! Muchas gracias!
  • 64kelo
    64kelo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know I am late to posting, but I do see now that Moves app syncs with free app EveryMove and EveryMove syncs with MFP.