How do YOU take a rest day ?

Options
Do you lay bed and play playstation all day ? Go for a nice leisurely stroll around town ? Go to the park and use the swings ? Shoot some hoops / score some goals ?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    On my rest day (usually Sat or Sun), I go for a long walk (about 4-6 miles) and then pretty much relax the remainder of the day.
    On the other 6 days, I do elliptical everyday for 90 minutes and lift free weights every other day.
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    I don't usually take rest days unless I'm sick, but I like all your suggestions...I'd like to take a good book to the park and lay on a blanket, relax, and soak up some fresh air and sunshine :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me is just not working out. Yard work, walking, etc are normal.
  • bluejeansarah
    bluejeansarah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lay in bed and read a good book! Or lose myself in Netflix, hahaha.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    usually whatever I want...gardening, swimming, going for a walk or cleaning (ick) and sometimes netflix or video games...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I am totally incapable of spending the day on my *kitten*. I get grumpy if I'm not physically active and I love to hike. A "rest day" for me usually just means a shorter hike and no strength training that day.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I live on a working farm. What's a rest day?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Once a week, my rest day will be a genuine 'rest day', where I will read, work in the garden, organize bits around the house. My other rest days are just every day laundry, tidying, mowing, taking dogs for their walks. I work full time, so the evenings I workout, I don't have time for other things, and I need to catch up.
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My rest day is a Sunday and I try to do something different each week that's ourdoors like kick a footy, go to the beach, go for a swim, rain forest walk, bike ride, casual walk etc :bigsmile:
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I spend it meandering around on my bike. :) I try not to let my HR go above 60% but sometimes I just can't help it lol.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I usually have some activity like a walk on beach or running errands, but I have no problem laying on my *kitten* and stuffing my face all day long.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My rest days are on Monday and Friday. Monday I just go home after work, watch TV and spent time with the tablet. On Friday I will take an hour or so hanging out at the mall, go home and more TV.

Just got Diablo 3 on PS3 a couple of days ago. I guess I can spent my rest days farming loots now.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Video games, read, troll MFP.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I only recently started taking one rest day a week. ( Sundays) Normally i would just take it when my body felt it needed it. My rest day usually is spent having a re feed day and doing something easy like a walk if i feel like it. Also, it is spent wishing i was at the gym not having a rest day. Goes something like this :

Wake up 5am: crap i cant go to the gym today
    Have nice big breakfast, then think crap i cant go to the gym today

Lounge around or do whatever....get on MFP and wish i was having a burn to log

Enjoy the day doing whatever......thinking all this time....i should ride my bike, i should take a walk, wish i was at zumba etc.....

At then end of an enjoyable day eating what i wanted i think: Crap my belly hurts, im glad i can go to the gym in the morning! lol
  • happinessishealth
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, and this is my full first week of eating healthy, but I was just planning what to do on my rest days (I'm having two - tomorrow and Sunday). Tomorrow I'm going to have an 'active' rest day where I am going to do lots of tidying and sorting out and cleaning and all stuff like that. I may also go for a walk at one point as well. On Sunday I will be writing a college essay which means hours at the computer, but I will have breaks where I may go out for a bit. I will probably end up doing an ab workout and some yoga, but nothing too strenous. Then on Monday it's back to exercise exercise exercise :) !
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I usually walk a lot although sometimes I have a really lazy day where I slob around in jogging bottoms and do nothing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well I walk a lot as exercise, so if I have a real rest day (which has been pretty much one in months), I don't do anything. Just stay at home reading, watching tv, wasting my life on MFP etc. Typically though I try to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day.