Binge Eating Disorder/Vegetarian

Options
Hi! New here...I have Binge Eating Disorder and others as well. Looking for some friends on here with BED and other eating disorders as well. Or, if you are vegetarian! I would love to see other people's diaries! Please add me! :)

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This really isn't the place for eating disorders. Sorry.
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for support in recovery?
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't understand binge eating and being a vegetarian... ? Sorry being honest. It does not make sense.
  • superkeats
    Options
    Trogalicious - What's your problem?

September - I am currently a BED (with purging tendencies) sufferer and currently trying to recover for the first time. Feel free to use me as support or just to read off my logs!
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here...I have Binge Eating Disorder and others as well. Looking for some friends on here with BED and other eating disorders as well. Or, if you are vegetarian! I would love to see other people's diaries! Please add me! :)

Is your goal of being here for Recovery?
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    Thanks superkeats- I'm going to add you. And Taragirl- Vegetarians don't eat meat, and honestly, I have never heard of ANY binge eaters binging on meat..... so how does that not make sense....bingers usually binge on salty and sugary foods....
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    To those who are asking about recovery- yes! Because of my eating disorders I have fluctuated from 110-165ish, and now I am at 145. I went from binging every day to now binging 0-3 times a week-which is a huge accomplishment for me! Keeping logs and completely abstaining from trigger foods (such as peanut butter) has really helped. What also helps is getting into shape because when I am getting into shape, I have a better emotional/mental state-thus eliminating bad moods that trigger binges!
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    I don't understand binge eating and being a vegetarian... ? Sorry being honest. It does not make sense.
    I don't have BED, but I can see how it would be easy to binge on cookies, potato chips, ice cream, etc., all of which are vegetarian. Trust me, it makes a lot of sense.

Good for you, OP, for seeking help in your recovery. It sounds like you're making good strides. I wish you all the best!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you! :drinker:
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What's your caloric goal per day? I'm a veggie trying to kick cheese to be vegan. If you have a healthy goal you can add me. But I must warn you, if you're one of those "i can only eat 500-1000 calories a day", I will not accept :)
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks superkeats- I'm going to add you. And Taragirl- Vegetarians don't eat meat, and honestly, I have never heard of ANY binge eaters binging on meat..... so how does that not make sense....bingers usually binge on salty and sugary foods....

Again.. didn't say anything about meat. All Vegetarians I know are really clean eaters. So that's why it didn't make any sense to me.. that's all. But thanks for the emails!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Trogalicious - What's your problem?

September - I am currently a BED (with purging tendencies) sufferer and currently trying to recover for the first time. Feel free to use me as support or just to read off my logs!
    I don't have a problem and I can certainly hope that the OP is indeed here for recovery. When you look at the title of a thread and it STARTS with Eating Disorder, I'm not sure how there can be much of a good response. Either way, it's effectively frowned upon to talk about ED's here. Not my rules, just a point to be made. While OP may be in recovery (and best hopes for that, as well as wishes) you have to understand that not everyone is in the same boat.

OP: Maybe try changing the title of your next forum post to not include "Eating Disorder"...?
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    I guess I should have been more specific...! Yes I do have BED-Binge Eating Disorder- but the difference between BED and other eating disorders is that people with BED don't ever try to to find others to binge with them or support their binging....people with BED are ashamed of their binges...in my experience I have never come across threads that say "I have BED, let's binge 5,000 calories together every day for the rest of the week!" No...it's all about finding support to or through recovery!
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. I no longer feel the urge to binge because of what I eat.

I still have those fruit bars in my office and I haven't touched them for a month now, given that I used to eat two of them everyday not too long ago.

You are welcome to add me as a friend.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Are you in therapy? Don't mean to be disrespectful but this is a fitness site. This site really isn't a good place for people with eating disorders.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    I never had an eating disorder, but I do eat cleanish with humanely raised meat. You can add me if you would like support in that area.
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    Are you in therapy? Don't mean to be disrespectful but this is a fitness site. This site really isn't a good place for people with eating disorders.

A fitness site? Really? Never would have guessed.....

Yes I'm in therapy, and "FITNESS" IS one of the best therapies for BED.
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    Not to mention that my "homework" for therapy was to write down every single thing that I eat....interesting how this website helps you do that! It seems like many of you are quick to jump to conclusions/judge when I bet you have little understanding of what BED is in the first place.
  • SeptembersGold
    Options
    redladywitch- Please go through the guidelines with me of the conditions of the types of people who are "allowed" to utilize a fitness site. People who want to be fit? People who want to feel good about themselves? People who want to look good? People who want to be healthy? People who want/need to keep track of their food intake/calories? Wow I fit all of those categories!
  • valerie91711
    Options
    Not to mention that my "homework" for therapy was to write down every single thing that I eat....interesting how this website helps you do that! It seems like many of you are quick to jump to conclusions/judge when I bet you have little understanding of what BED is in the first place.

It's easy to judge a person when you haven't walked in their shoes. I wish you luck with your recovery.