Binge-eating, looking for friends with similar experiences

Options
Hello there!

I joined my fitness pal a while ago, but was too shy/not motivated enough to properly start loosing a bit of weight. I would really like to now. :-)

I feel one of my problems is not being able to talk about my binge eating with others. Based on my BMI alone, I'm not classed as over-weight, but I feel physically and emotionally uncomfortable being the weight now. I tend to gain weight around my tummy and am really noticing my clothes becoming tight; it's getting me down a lot and I'm finding the more I get down, the more I binge.

Another problem I find is that, while I love being a mummy to my beautiful son, I always end up eating when I'm not hungry (which directly leads me to binge) because I:
a) Eat when he eats (and also finish what he doesn't eat, which he usually does 7 times out of 10)
And
b) Find the main way (at the moment) I deal with stressful days with him (he's going through the terrible 2s at the moment and I'm a single parent, so don't get much time alone) is with food.

Would love to have some friends with similar problems/experiences to be able to chat/encourage/support one another. I would like to loose half a stone at least.

Replies