GREAT! Nice people ha!

Moved house over a couple of weeks...Continued to diet.. weigh in.. take measurements and even some exercise.. finally have some time to come back to groups etc to find im locked outta them .. depleated friends list and ignored ha

Cant be assed... will just use the tools on here, read the info and keep myself to myself and git on with it :P

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    But you can be "assed" to make a thread about it? :laugh:

It happens, you left, people tend to remove inactive friends, some groups require participation, blah blah blah. No big deal, just move on and make new friends or pout and don't. Your choice.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    ah right.. so thats why...i just thought what a waste of time if your gonna get booted lol and thanks for the reply . No i hadnt left just wasnt posting as ive not had time recently :).
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Life happens. My MFP friends usually post a warning when something comes up and they are going to be MIA. I appreciate that since then I know that they haven't dropped out and are planning to be back.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    It's understandable that you needed to be away for a bit, sometimes life sidetracks us. If friends bailed after a few weeks then just add new ones & move forward, this is the Internet - while we make friends, it's not the same as losing a friend in the real world. It's good that we all have each other for support, but don't let your feelings get hurt by people you've never even met. You're on this site to take care of yourself, that's all that really matters.....
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    I understand your frustration (have experienced it myself). Some people just are very picky about their friends list, and you have to just accept that. But there ARE other's who feel like you and wont delete someone because they haven't been active for a week or two. I would just keep on keeping on. :)
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    I'm going on holiday soon for 3 weeks, I've vowed to hunt down and turn up at the house of anyone who deletes me! I'm only joking, I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks .
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Did you warn everybody before you left?
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    After a week or so of a missing friend, I message or post on their wall. If they don't log in for a full 30 days,unless they have responded, I delete them. Some people are really quick to just think 'oh they're not dedicated'.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    It's more a reflection on the nature of people and weightloss than you personally. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't in this for the long haul and often dissapear without explanation. If you didn't take the time to tell your friends that you'd be away for a while then it's not that surprising that they deleted you. Doesn't necessarily make it right but I'm not sure why you're surprised about it.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    yea i can understand people give up and leave, im in this for the long haul and i had posted a couple of times i was moving house and sorry i hadnt been commenting etc. well ive more time again now i do have a couple of friends that stuck around and kept supporting my logs :) lol
  • CH0D3
    CH0D3 Posts: 35
    COOL-THREAD-BRO.jpg
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    hmmmm I never pay attention to how many friends I have, so I would never know if they deleted me. Aww ignorance really is bliss.:drinker:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    VWr6I.gif
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    hmmmm I never pay attention to how many friends I have, so I would never know if they deleted me. Aww ignorance really is bliss.:drinker:

^This. I don't mean this in the antisocial "I'm not here to make friends" way, but that's not my focus. I'm here to get me healthy. I'm not against making friends (I've accepted the requests I've gotten & I've gotten great support & encouragement from them), but if I was looking for the largest friend list I'd be on Facebook. I hope everybody has success in what they are trying to do, & if I can help anybody I'll be more than happy to, but I'm certainly not going to get caught up in worrying about whether people on a website want to be my friend or not.....
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    It's understandable that you needed to be away for a bit, sometimes life sidetracks us. If friends bailed after a few weeks then just add new ones & move forward, this is the Internet - while we make friends, it's not the same as losing a friend in the real world. It's good that we all have each other for support, but don't let your feelings get hurt by people you've never even met. You're on this site to take care of yourself, that's all that really matters.....

absolutely agree..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    OH! But I thought you left!

tumblr_m5ojmo2U6Z1rvtuxmo1_250.gif
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Its just the internet..
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member

Same.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Its just the internet..

not-uh.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    I don't do it BUT many people delete "friends" that are inactive for a period of time simply to keep their friends list to a manageable number so they have regular contact with everyone on their list.

Don't sweat it. Just find new friends, there is no shortage of them. WELCOME BACK