Clean eating/detox?

Options
Hi :)
Lately, ive been trying to make changes to my diet. Basically by eating as clean as I can and quit the fizzy soda type drinks and replace with water or fresh fruit smoothies. Ive stopped eating a lot of meat too and replaced it with quorn. But I am hearing some negative things about clean eating :( Like your body can lack certain nutrients, you can feel less energetic etc..Can anyone please shed any light on this?
Please feel free to add me too, if anyone wishes. I log daily and my diary is open (as embarrasing for me as that is) x

Replies

• sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely certain of what "clean eating" really is. I try to eat mostly whole, satisfying foods, very little meat, lot of vegetables and some fruit every day. I don't eat the fiber one-type bars or protein bars of any kind, nor the Weight Watcher snack-type bars, nor any sugary desserts. I've never felt so energetic and can't imagine what nutrients I might be missing...Look forward to others' answers.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "Clean eating" is essentially just a buzz word. It's really meaningless. It's simple, hit your calorie, fat, protein, carb, fiber, vitamin and mineral goals. That's all there is to it. You don't need to eat or avoid any particular foods to get there.

Also, replacing meat with a highly processed meat substitute probably doesn't fit the definition of "clean."
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I eat clean. For me this means I eat the foods I love: grilled tilapia, fresh green beans, potato for dinner; salad with grilled chicken, olives, tomato, almonds, and a peach, for lunch; oatmeal with coconut milk and caffeine free latte made with Lactose free skim milk for breakfast (but skim ONLY because it foams wonderfully!), and snacks greek yogurt, coconut no sugar added dairy desert, sugar free dipped pretzel.

These are just examples. I also love making fresh juice. Love bacon once in awhile, pancakes sometimes, had Johnny cakes for breakfast yesterday morning, and once in a while I have some sweets.

Everything in moderation. Exercise every day and log everything.

Clean eating, clean living. :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    "Clean eating" is essentially just a buzz word. It's really meaningless. It's simple, hit your calorie, fat, protein, carb, fiber, vitamin and mineral goals. That's all there is to it. You don't need to eat or avoid any particular foods to get there.

Also, replacing meat with a highly processed meat substitute probably doesn't fit the definition of "clean."

This

I was thinking the same thing. Never know you may have just dropped below adequate protein intake to maintain LBM too.