pcos

Options
Looking for some buddies. Mother of 3 girls. Anybody have Pcos and lots of weight to loose? Need encouragement. :smile:

Replies

• zoeharris89
    zoeharris89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I know you posted ages ago but I thought I'd message you.
    I am into my 6th week of weight loss and have consistently be loosing 1kg per week which is about 2.2 pounds a week. I cannot loose weight without exercise though so I make sure I get in 3-4 days of exercise per week. Either at the Gym or Swimming. I also have been counting my calories with a great app on my iPhone. You can search for the amount of calories in all food items and then I calculates them for you when you enter what you have eaten. And if you can't find the products in the search bar then you can scan the item of food your eating. Great thing to have! I call it my new best friend.

I'm basically loosing weight so I can have children. 2 years ago now I injured my back at work and ended up having a spinal fusion to help me with my healing and get on track for the rest of my life. I only was diagnosed with PCOS after I had injured myself and put on 30 kgs from not being able to exercise. So I guess I have a great motive to get healthy again.

How is your weight loss going?

Take care
    Zoe. :)
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    PCOS makes weight loss extremely hard. I wish you the best of luck.

I heard eating frequently (once an hour to once every two hours) and cutting the meal into smaller amounts (eat half of your breakfast at 8am, then the other half at 10) is the best way to conquer PCOS.