Strength Training

Options
i just filled out my workout routine for the first time and it only added the 360 calories burnt from the treadmill and nothing from my weight lifting, where my heart rate monitor said i burnt over 1,000 calories. does myfitnesspal.com not log calories burnt during strength training?

Replies

• jalovec
    Options
    If you enter Strength training under the cardio exercises section you can enter your calories burned :)
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Don't know what device you're using, but you can add it manually under cardio if you want.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i can tell u, that as long as i have been a member of mfp; the answer is no!!! even when i put in the treadmill, bike, glider, etc.... i put what ever calories the cardio tells me i did.... what ever nfp saids i burned 4 swimming? i accept that 1, & use..... other wise, i carry a perdometer in my pocket, i use my miles, steps burned calories burned, etc from that......i go no where with out my perdometer... it is like puttin on my watch......
  • radikal31
    Options
    Here is the answer that MFP gave in the help section for not adding calories burned.

A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate.
  • fraze
    Options
    cool, thanks for the help guys! and i use the adidas heart rate monitor. i don't think it's accurate though because i never had to enter my weight. i'm guessing i probably burn more than it shows since i weigh 265lbs.