Naturally Sweet Teas? Any Suggestions?

Options
I am very much trying to kick the diet drink habit (since they make me extra hungry) but I find water quite boring and I do not drink very much tea or coffee. I want to try a tea that is naturally sweet maybe caffeine free. I do not expect it to be anything as near sweet as a diet drink but something tolerable would be fantastic. I read on the net that Roobios tea is good. Any thoughts?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I used to get a licorice herbal tea. It was caffine free and very sweet by itself. I made "sun tea" out of it as well as drank it hot. Hmm, might just have to look for some again. I think it was a Stash tea product.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    sleepy time. Something in it tastes sweet. It is caffeine free.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I drink Costco's Diet Green Tea. It contains aspartane as it's sweetener so it has zero calories. Even the kids are drinking it over sodas.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I really like Rooibos. I sweeten my tea with natural zero-calorie stevia, although some people don't care for the taste. There are a lot of good flavored green teas out there too. I would say mint is my favorite and it doesn't need much sweetener.
  • Sailor26
    Sailor26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright I will check that our they seem to have a lemon blossom tea that sounds tasty.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I've always loved peach tea- It's really good Iced. There are some apple cinnamon, orange spice and a couple other fruity ones thatare pretty decent. I love hot peppermint tea in the winter and I LOVE LOVE LOVE double bergamon earl grey. Word of advice- spend a little more on the tea- it's worth it. Cheap tea is worse than bad generic soda. As a side note there are several companies out there depending on where you are that also make wonderful teas for whatever ails you. I love the breathe easy and the throat coat when I catch a cold. Tea is a WONDERFUL- and honestly, a teaspoon of raw sugar is only 15 calories and will wake up any tea. :)
  • Sailor26
    Options
    Awesome I am writing these suggestions down I really really appreciate it!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but Dr Oz says oolong tea helps with your metabelizim
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You could probably use any tea you fancy, just add honey to taste.... =)
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea! My favorite is earl grey with a little cream and a little sugar. It's only about 30 calories and takes the place of coffee and any other non-water drink i would want :) For natural sweetness, I like white tea. It has a very light flavor and should never be over-steeped because it can be quite bitter if steeped too long. Also, I really like honeybush, it is similar to roobios but a little sweeter in my opinion.
  • jsue2002
    Options
    I don't know of any naturally sweet teas, but I use Agave to sweeten anything. Its a low Glycemic organic sweetener that's gluten free, a little goes a long ways. Good Luck
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like choice organic licorice/peppermint it is sweet as are most teas with licorice. I used to only be able to drink tea and coffee sweetened, but now my tastes have adapted to no sugar. In fact, I find ice tea is more refreshing without the sugar.
  • Sailor26
    Options
    I was thinking about honey its low cal and I have grown to like it. I have seen the agave before but what does that taste like I wonder?
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about honey its low cal and I have grown to like it. I have seen the agave before but what does that taste like I wonder?

The only agave I'm familiar with comes in my tequila which I can't imagine tasting at all good in tea. :wink:

I forgot one that's GREAT and fairly sweet- Good Earth Tea. The original w/the blue stripe on the label one if my favorites of ALL TIME. I don't know how I forgot it..

:drinker:
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Rooibos was going to be my answer too. I get "Lion Tea." It has the picture of the lion on the front, Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red to be exact. I live in a place where the water out of the tap isn't very tasty, but it's also a hot climate so water is very important. (Now I have a filter, which helps a lot!) So I got in the habit of throwing a tea bag and some sweetener in my jumbo cup. This tea is strong enough and sweet enough that I often found myself refilling the water without the sweetener and the tea bag was still good.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There's one called "Good Earth" original tea. It's all herbs, but very naturally sweet. Also, I love any of the Celestial Seasonings over ice.

Agave doesn't really taste like anything...just sweet. (not at all like tequila):wink: