Awesome 2 ingredient "healthy" pumpkin cake

Options
stonel94
stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
So this has no oil or butter or eggs, it's not like healthy healthy but healthier than a regular cake. All you need is a box of cake mix (and it works with gluten free cake mix (betty crocker yellow)) and a 15 oz can of pumpkin puree.

mix together (you can also add a tsp of pumpkin pie spice if you want to), put in greased bundt or loaf pan, bake at 350 for about 20-30 mins (will vary depending on pan, mix you used, etc, so just watch it)

you can make it yummier by adding a simple glaze (find recipes anywhere) or doing a cinnamon sugar swirl, by pouring in 1/2 the mix, then sprinkling 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 c sugar, and then filling the rest of the pan. or you can add some pecans or walnuts, do a crumble on top, all kinds of things to spice it up

So if you want a quick and easy cake/bread that doesn't have the oil and butter of other kinds this is pretty awesome!

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Absolutly trying this one!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Thanks, sounds yummy!
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump!! sounds great!
  • GMMK1
    GMMK1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    These are great to make in a muffin pan - makes 12 tasty muffins!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,897 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • selkins90
    selkins90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump (:
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yum! pumpkin is my favorite
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I just tried this and it is delicious!!! I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake mix and one can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin. I used a 13x9 pan and cut it into 16 pieces. MFP logged it at 109 calories a piece. I topped my piece with 2 tbsp. of Hood Sugar Free whipped cream and it was perfect!!!!! Thank you again for posting this recipe!

Just wanted to add that I baked it at 350 for 20 minutes and the toothpick came out clean. When I went to cut it after it cooled, it pulled apart a little but was still intact. I would maybe leave it in 2 more minutes or so.
  • linneaen
    Options
    Haha.. that is not healthy! Cake-mixes are filled with - sorry to say this - crap!
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i made these today with raisins( 2oz)

they was good

Per Serving: 227 carbs36 Fat 8 Protein 3 Fiber 3 sat fat 4
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Bump - I like the muffin pan idea :)