Want to buy 7 & 8 kg dumbbells - UK

Options
Hi

I want to get dumbbells for home but all 'packages' seem to be for the 1-3kg dumbbells. I have worked up to using 6/7/8kg depending on the exercise.

Can anywhere in the UK shops or online sell these - even in these sets? Or will they have to be bought individually. Would prefer that they all same make but finding it hard to find 6/7/8 in the same brand.

Any help or advice would be great!

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Amazon!

41j9thUh6gL._SX342_.jpg
    20kg total plus it's a standard fitment so you can buy extra weights as you improve. More here: http://amzn.to/1dOpJVB

I have 2 sets of DBs plus loads of extra weight so I can mix and match. Extra weight here: http://amzn.to/1a5ZFjL

Tip: since the DBs come with a range of sizes, I'd think about getting some 5kg plates so that when you breach the 10kg mark you can use the original plates that came with the DB handles to make 12kg etc without taking up too much space on the handle.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    ^Yep. You've already worked up to 6/7/8kg, so you'll soon progress beyond those. It'll save you money in the long run if you go for adjustable ones now rather than getting the exact weight in non-adjustable ones each time you progress.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I bought my adjustable dumbbell set plus extra plates from http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/ and found them pretty good on prices.

Almost felt sorry for the postman.... :wink:

They have quite a few stores across England if you want to try before you buy.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We got the adjustable ones pictures above (or very similar, I can't remember whether they are York brand) from tesco for about £20.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Don't know it you are anywhere near one, but Decathlon has a good range of adjustable weights. As well as large range of other sports stuff it you need it. I'm in there all the time.

It might sound like it, but I don't work for them. :tongue:
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - would have preferred the set ones but you all raised good point that I will work further on so adjustable is the better way to go. Just felt would prefer non-metal type and something 'prettier' looking but didn't think of that point that soon be leaving those weights behind.

Thanks so much. Will check out all suggested stores!
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't know it you are anywhere near one, but Decathlon has a good range of adjustable weights. As well as large range of other sports stuff it you need it. I'm in there all the time.

It might sound like it, but I don't work for them. :tongue:

Decathlon Belfast NEVER has anything in it. BF looked for me Monday and not one dumbbell in store!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - would have preferred the set ones but you all raised good point that I will work further on so adjustable is the better way to go. Just felt would prefer non-metal type and something 'prettier' looking but didn't think of that point that soon be leaving those weights behind.

Thanks so much. Will check out all suggested stores!

Your strength will increase beyond 8kg very quickly.