I am New

Options
Ok everyone I am trying to lose 83 lbs i have tried it on my own so now I am going to give this a shot but i need people to help keep me motivated not just telling me good job I need the push I want to be like my old self again I have never weighed this much and I know my age does not help but that is not an excuse I know that fruit and veggies are good for me and I love them but I seem to get off track I love my meat and potatoes. i alo have no reason not to walk I have 3 dogs. i just can"t get motivated. But I am determined I want to be me again.

Replies

• _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs motivation and support. Feel free to add me.
  • buchtucr
    Options
    I know how you feel @dutchgirl1971. I love my meat and potatoes. I have had great success cutting out dairy (except hard cheeses), carbs, sugars, and starches. Nothing but meat and veggies for the most part. It's been hard as hell, I won't lie, but you will get there.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together and I understand how you feel.
    Feel free to add me for reciprocal encouragement and support.
    Best of luck on your journey!
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can be honest if you need it!
  • Tannnn12344
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to this healthy active life style :) Please add me so we can support each other!
  • kasirak2
    kasirak2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome and we all need motivation. Especially when we are blasted with commercials to eat what is not good for us and in portions that are several sizes too large. Meat and potatoes are not the problem really, just look at the kind of meat, how it is prepared and portion control. Potatoes are very good for you but in moderation and avoid smothering them in fatty extras. 1 small potato that is about 3 to 4 oz. is really all you need. Also try organic potatoes, they have more nutrients and flavor. Some almost taste like roasted chestnuts they are so sweet. Try also different types that have more nutrients and flavor. Like baked yam ( no sugar or marshmallows) or purple potatoes...yes the flesh is really purple. :bigsmile:

IMHO cutting out whole food groups is not good and in the long run has undermined my life style change toward food. I know being too strict ( I end up failing everytime) and my medical condition (hypothyroidism) have made me super obese. Now days I think moderation, watch the calories and eat a nutrient rich diet that is close to how the food is in nature. I rarely eat foods that I know are not that healthy for me and don't buy them. I eat them only on special occassions or have a small treat once a month. I have learned too that I really not that crazy about fried food, sugary or salty foods. I know artificial drinks ( sodas, sports drinks) do not really satisfy my thirst more than plain water. :drinker:

What I still struggle with is exercise and my energy level. With my thyroid condition ( I do take synthetic thyroid hormone), dieting can trigger my body into slowing down and I end up feeling too tired to move. I have to fight fatique for every small bit I try to lose. I need motivation to keep moving and to drink water. I don't drink enough of it.:drinker:
  • Kazejin
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)