Newbee and nervous!!

Options
Hey Everyone,
Im a newbee here, I was looking for some friends to help me on this weight loss journey!! Im nervous reading all the posts it seems like everyones doing so great and im just ready to FAIL :/ Bad outlook I know, but I feel like ive tried so many things and yet let myself get the best of me! (very discouraged with my actions) Im from MN so if your from here it would be cool to get to know some of you and if not thats great too. I would love the motivation and support. I could try my best to give support also :) I had a third child 20 months ago and am at my highest weight ever of 200lbs. When I stepped on the scale and seen that # at the doctors Thursday I bawled!! How could I have let myself get so out of control, Im mad at myself and determined to be a thinner healthier ME!! Hope to gain some new friends and supporters along the way.

Replies

• Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Relax the nerves, breathe in that Minnesota air, and jump right in to the pool of awesome! Those who are doing great are examples of what you'll be very, very shortly... you're not ready to fail, you're ready to SAIL! (Sorry, that's the best rhyming word I could think of at the moment - if I come up with a better one I'll let you know) :)

I, along with a team of great MFP'ers will be here to push, support and encourage you along the way...

Again, welcome and there's no better time like today to start kicking some bootay!

Kev_
  • tomoswilding
    tomoswilding Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Don't be nervous. You've made a conscious decision to improve your health and well-being. You're already awesome :)

Tom
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want :D
  • tamsim70
    Options
    Well hello, and welcome!! You can and will do this!! The support on here is tremendous and 24hrs lol.....I'm not a newbie in the sense of joining, however I am new in taking the weight loss more seriously. I need to lose about 100lbs and can't wait to jump start this journey!! I live in Alberta Canada and now the darn Winter is slowly creeping in and I am so not a snow bunny lol. Let's do this together!!
  • Jim_1960
    Options
    Don't be nervous you will do just fine.
    The difficult part is done, deciding to start down the MFP route.

Get a whole load of friends you can lean on for advice and guidance and also support them as best you can too.
    Log everything in terms of food and exercise and get the diary open to your Friend List.

Most importantly, have fun on this lifestyle change.... Good luck.