What to do after I finish P90X?

Options
Hi everyone! I got such great advice last time I posted on here so here I am again! I'm in my last month of P90X and now I need help figuring out what I'm going to do once I'm done.
I've only lost a few pounds since I started P90X, which is great since I'm at my goal weight, just trying to lose the belly fat and gain some muscle.
My plan is to do Insanity next, but will I lose the muscle I've already gained from P90X?
Should I do T25, or is that pretty much the same as Insanity just shorter?
Or I could do P90X 2, but I heard you need more equipment for that.
Obviously I like the beachbody products, but I've also heard great things about that New Rules of LIfting for Women, but I'm thinking that might be too advanced for me.
My goals are to still maintain my current weight, lose the belly fat and gain a little bit of muscle.
Thank you so much for any advice!

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I've also heard great things about that New Rules of LIfting for Women, but I'm thinking that might be too advanced for me.

It's a program that a lot of beginners use. Get the book and go for it! Good luck.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    NROLFW will teach you how to lift...

If having a better physique is part of your fitness goals, I'd recommend incorporating lifting (like NROLFW) into your routine.

There is more detail to that than I can type right now (broken wrist) but the 'Eat, Train, Progress' group is a GREAT place to start with everything.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1) What are your fitness goals (i.e. independent of weight loss, etc)...actual fitness goals. Establishing independent fitness goals will help immensely in determining what you should be doing, when, and how often.

2) NROL4W is a beginner program...it isn't too advanced for anyone...you're just scared of weights which is why you should pick up that book and become unscared.
  • paisleydaisy
    paisleydaisy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what my fitness goals are to be honest! I just want to maintain my current weight and keep my muscle definition from p90x. I'd like to develop more muscle and I did my first day of NROLFW, but I got done pretty fast, next time I will definitely increase the weights.
    I'm just scared I'm not working out hard/long enough. And if feels strange to only lift 3 days a week with nothing else, no cardio. I just worked so hard with p90x and don't want to lose everything I've worked for!
    I'm stressing over keeping up with NROLFW or getting p90x plus or p90x2.
    I need advice, please!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what my fitness goals are to be honest! I just want to maintain my current weight and keep my muscle definition from p90x. I'd like to develop more muscle and I did my first day of NROLFW, but I got done pretty fast, next time I will definitely increase the weights.
    I'm just scared I'm not working out hard/long enough. And if feels strange to only lift 3 days a week with nothing else, no cardio. I just worked so hard with p90x and don't want to lose everything I've worked for!
    I'm stressing over keeping up with NROLFW or getting p90x plus or p90x2.
    I need advice, please!!

P90X has you working out 5-6 days a week to achieve those results because, by nature, it is inefficient. So you have to work out longer and harder and more frequently, to get those results. In order to come up with an exercise selection that had the ability to allow you to use bands as dumbbell replacements 100% of the time they were very very limited in what they could do and had to make a lot of compromises. A program that doesn't make those compromises won't require you to work for nearly as long or as frequently.
  • paisleydaisy
    paisleydaisy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that makes me feel better about not working out as long on the weight lifting program. I was worried I was doing it wrong!