C to 5K success

Options

Replies

• VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm at 217 pounds and I'm on week 7! Anyone can do it if I can! :)

I can't believe I ran for 22 minutes non-stop !

I also had crappy teachers and if only they had let us opt for individual sports I would have been way more healthier in high school!

I'm way too slow (I'm not meeting my distance goal) so I'm repeating week 7 a couple of times see if I can get faster!

I'm a little scared of week 8|
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing about the difficult times. I'm struggling through a C25K program myself, and it's really helpful to hear that I'm not the only one!
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YAY! GOOD FOR YOU! Victory is sometimes about trying again and again, you know??? :)

I started with couch to 5k as a former smoker and couch potato. I stuck with it (repeated some weeks too--no worries about that) and now I'm just a few weeks away from my first marathon. I tell everyone to stick with it because you might love it AND you might get addicted! Crazy runners unite!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did awesome :drinker:
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on week 7!
  • newatbritt
    newatbritt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation. I just repeated week 2 and am terrified to move on to week 3. This is so motivating, thanks everyone!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love c25k! I always wanted to be a runner but thought I could never do it. I started in May and now I run 3 miles 3 days a week and look forward to my running days! Love the exhilaration! Congrats on your success!
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that!!! I have never been athletic either and hated HS PE. I am in week 5day2 of c25k. I'm scared of the 20 minutes coming up so I plan to stay here a little while. I am so encouraged by what you just shared.
  • that_Va_chick
    Options
    I love the c25k success stories. Tomorrow is my w2d3. Im looking forward to it. I use rundouble app. What app do you guys use?
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the dreaded 20 minute run! I did not make it but I'm still feeling proud! I did run a mile in 13 minutes before I allowed myself to stop. I have always been an anti-runner and never thought that I would ever refer to myself as a runner. I love this program and will keep pushing to run a little more each day. Congrats to everyone on here that is pushing through. If you didn't make it through, at least you were out there! Keep running everyone!!!
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations! I love C25k!!! I have done some of the same things you have, cried cause I couldn't finish a day, felt overjoyed when I ran 20 minutes and started over several times. I did the first C25k on the treadmill, then started over outside when the weather got nice. I am now running 5k consistently 4 days a week and am going 4 or 5 miles on the weekends to get long runs in. I have never been able to run, think I always tried to go too far too fast. C25k is awesome, not only helps get into shape, but helps self-esteem as well. Thanks for sharing.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    :drinker: F*cking awesome dude! I'm the same way, never played sports, dreaded gym class, and walked the mile run in school, lol I just started C25K, 1week completed, I have a long ways to go, but I know I will eventually be as awesome as you!:flowerforyou:
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:

C25K is an awesome program. It does a good job of building you up physically as well as mentally for the longer runs. The feeling you get after accomplishing things you thought you could never do is hard to beat.

I just finished week 7, but on the 3rd day after already running 25 minutes at a 10 min mile pace I went ahead and cranked out another 5 minutes to hit the 3 miles in less than 30 minutes.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Way to stick with it and reach your goal!!
  • spdlaw604
    Options
    Great to hear. I too have just started the program with a friend. He's a weightlifter and not a runner. I'm neither but doing both. Decided I would lose some weight before I turned 50. Started Jan 9th at 350lbs, started using Fitness Pal on Jan 21st. I've lost 110lbs and weigh in is this Monday. We started C25K a few weeks ago but because of work and other issues he's missed a couple of weeks. I've done week 3 twice and week 4 three times. :smile: . Next week we start 5 and he's petrified. He's lost 73lbs and has completed the runs but he still gets nervous before a run. We'll get there, small steps not huge strides!!

Congrats to all, you are awesome!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    that's an amazing accomplishment
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Absolute BEST success story EVER!!! I just finished week 5, day 2 so it ie awesome to hear that someone else made it through so smashingly!!! Huge Kudos to you!!!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Know what they call the person who graduated last in medical school? "Doctor."
    Know what they call the person who runs a 5k slowly and perhaps not so gracefully? "Runner."

Great job, Congrats!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Good onya, Mate!! :drinker:
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Fantastic work! Im inspired! :) Today is actually my first day of C25K. I've never liked running because I've always felt I was too heavy and it was uncomfortable, but I recently registered for a half marathon (it's next June!), so I've got to get my butt off that couch.

Cheers to you and your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!