Suggestions for Thigh Workouts

Options
I am currently using 30 Day Shred. I'm noticing more toning in my midsection with that program, and I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion for a similar program to work my butt and thighs more. Any ideas?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a specific program besides squats, lunges, etc, but remember.....you can't spot reduce. You can do 10,000 situps, squats, pushups per day, but your body is going to "tone" (lower the BF%) from wherever it wants first.

An overall body program incorporating compound movements is probably your best bet, or continue with the program you're on. If you're noticing a loss in inches, it will eventually come off everywhere, but lifting will maintain your muscle mass so you have "tone" when the fat comes off.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Brazil Butt Lift along with my regular workouts and wow does High & Tight burn. I didn't even know those muscles existed! Again, spot reducing isn't something that you can do, but I do it because I'm always a little too weak in those areas for my liking. My legs have always been my weakest part. There's a youtube video where a woman does some of the routine. Almost all of it, but she skips the warm up (just do some touch steps and hip circles). Try following her and see if it's something you like so you don't have to buy the whole Brazil Butt Lift system. You don't have to use the bands, but you get a better workout if you do (MAJOR difference in my heart rate). Mine broke, so I just tied a body band together and wrapped it twice for the same effect. I also had ankle weights lying around, but again, optional. Here's the lady who does the workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_x5J0aRfbQ
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    My trainer has me doing wall sits, squat jumps with weights, and leg presses. I have noticed a lot more firmness.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    running on an incline works for me!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brazil But Lift
    Buns of Steel (old school, but effective)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the two things that have shaped up my butt and thighs the best:

1. playing ice hockey on a regular basis (2-3 times a week plus games at weekends)

2. heavy barbell squats

note that these were both at completely separate times in my life.... but they both had this effect and IMO barbell squats probably the most of the two (trouble is when I used to play ice hockey I also ate a lot of junk so had a higher body fat percentage than I do now)
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am currently using 30 Day Shred. I'm noticing more toning in my midsection with that program, and I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion for a similar program to work my butt and thighs more. Any ideas?

Lunges with dumb bells in each hand relaxed
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Killer buns and thighs by jillian micheals
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    bretcontreras.com Strong Curves

With weights: hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, glute kickbacks, Quadruped Hip Extension, Abduction, lunges or split squats, step ups
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is a total body lifting program done 2 or 3 times a week. I've noticed more changes in my ENTIRE body than with any other workout. Increased the weights by small increments each time you do your squats, lunges, step ups......and you'll see the difference in no time.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - It follows the same format as 30DS. This workout works all areas of your body, but if you push yourself to follow the "advanced" example much of the time, it is a killer butt and thigh workout.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    bretcontreras.com Strong Curves

With weights: hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats, deadlifts, glute kickbacks, Quadruped Hip Extension, Abduction, lunges or split squats, step ups

^^^^^you will not be sorry.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Bump! I'm doing some from blogilates on youtube right now!