Quick Black Bean Soup

Options
2»

Replies

• dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    So I made this tonight...and I liked it! I decided not to take the word of the original recipe (sorry, OP!) and to double check the calculations, and I came up with a lower number of calories. Then, I made up the recipe, stopping with only 1 can of broth. I found it didn't need the 2nd can. Here's what I used:

2 cans - Goya black beans (630 calories total)
    1 can - Swanson's Chicken broth 33% less sodium (30 calories total) - I had this already on hand
    1/2 cup - 505 Southwestern All American Salsa w/green chilis, mild (40 calories)
    1/2 teaspn - chili powder (0 calories)

Grand total: 175 calories per serving! (1g fat, 36g carbs, 13g protein, 1290 sodium, 3 sugar)

Dinner tonight & 3 more are already in the fridge for later. Don't forget to add in your toppings, though...a little fat free sour cream & a smidgen of cheese & this was a great dinner.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for this.. it looks wonderful... but I have to wonder why you wait until fall? I'm the kind that can eat conch chowder in 99 degree heat and pour on the hot sauce! mmmmmm looking forward to making this thanks
  • jennifershirsch
    jennifershirsch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump....looks delicious!! Can't wait to try it out.
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So I made this tonight...and I liked it! I decided not to take the word of the original recipe (sorry, OP!) and to double check the calculations, and I came up with a lower number of calories. Then, I made up the recipe, stopping with only 1 can of broth. I found it didn't need the 2nd can. Here's what I used:

2 cans - Goya black beans (630 calories total)
    1 can - Swanson's Chicken broth 33% less sodium (30 calories total) - I had this already on hand
    1/2 cup - 505 Southwestern All American Salsa w/green chilis, mild (40 calories)
    1/2 teaspn - chili powder (0 calories)

Grand total: 175 calories per serving! (1g fat, 36g carbs, 13g protein, 1290 sodium, 3 sugar)

Dinner tonight & 3 more are already in the fridge for later. Don't forget to add in your toppings, though...a little fat free sour cream & a smidgen of cheese & this was a great dinner.

I put the nutrition facts that were posted with the recipe when I found it, but now that you bring this up, I think my facts were off too. I think I picked an overestimated salsa through the database. Thanks for bringing this up!
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Gotta try it!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    on yum, my friend just gave me one with pumpkin in it,
    I love anything with black beans.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    BUMP!
  • dream_in_colors
    Options
    bump
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump to make later!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sarwatf
    sarwatf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump to save recipe!
  • SHINDY12
    Options
    Bump
  • MacroMiranda
    Options
    Bump, now that's it's officially fall!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it was good. Thank you!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • MacroMiranda
    Options
    I made this today and it was good. Thank you!

I'm so glad you liked it!