One more thing...

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
I went to visit my family that lives about 6hours from here and I havent seen them for who knows how long... Since before I started to lose weight. They all commented on how great I was looking which made me feel great... but all at once my grandma, aunt and my aunts husband james, were all looking at me and commenting on how great I looked. I couldnt take it... I put my huge hoodie on right away and kind of hid myself. I felt so awkward I almost felt just as bad as when a person would call me fat. I hope I wont be so self conscience when I loose the rest of my weight :embarassed:

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    I went to visit my family that lives about 6hours from here and I havent seen them for who knows how long... Since before I started to lose weight. They all commented on how great I was looking which made me feel great... but all at once my grandma, aunt and my aunts husband james, were all looking at me and commenting on how great I looked. I couldnt take it... I put my huge hoodie on right away and kind of hid myself. I felt so awkward I almost felt just as bad as when a person would call me fat. I hope I wont be so self conscience when I loose the rest of my weight :embarassed:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Well what do you want people to say? They can't say you do not look great:wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    haha thanks but it was just so awkward.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!

First off...You are doing a FANTABULOUS job! Keep up the great work! YEY YOU!

Second...Be thankful people are happy for you and telling you that they are noticing! YEY! I have some people who don't say anything and I KNOW it is noticeable, and some good friends and my DH who constantly compliment me and it makes me feel great. Thank goodness for those types of people...we all need good words!

Lastly...A simple "Thank you." will go a long way. I like it when people say things to me when they notice, but it is uncomfortable to be THAT type of center of attention. I guess we both could use to mediate on this...strange feeling so awkward, isn't it?
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I did say thanks but I couldnt take it. It was a great feeling at first but then I was just overwhelmed. I didn't like being the center of attention :frown: