Bootcamp and weight loss

Options
Hi,

I expect this subject has been covered before, but I have yet to find it.

The thing is, I have been trying to lose weight for a while, and am stuck on 2 kg (4lb) and I cant seem to break through that threshold. I am doing what I did last time I lost weight which was to add a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day, and pffft I am coasting at the same weight.

Tried atkins, and nothing.

The difference this time round is that I am working out a lot more, intense bootcamps 3 or 4 times a week. I am def. tightening up and looking better in my clothes, but the scales are stuck :'(

I dont understand it, I am sure I am not sleep-eating or anything :)

Replies

• Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    How many calories do you eat a day and how many are you allowed?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If you look better and are losing fat, then does the scale weight REALLY matter?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches, you are losing. If you just started the bootcamp, you are likely retaining water in your muscles as part of the inflammation response. Water is quite dense, particularly compared to fat, so it can easily balance or offset any losses from fat. Don't focus on the scale. As long as the inches are falling off, you are suceeding. The scale lies.
  • katshokola
    Options
    How many calories do you eat a day and how many are you allowed?

Allowed up to 1500, I eat up to 1800 but only on bootcamp days.
  • katshokola
    Options
    If you look better and are losing fat, then does the scale weight REALLY matter?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

well true :) except I have no way of estimating BF
  • katshokola
    Options
    If you are losing inches, you are losing. If you just started the bootcamp, you are likely retaining water in your muscles as part of the inflammation response. Water is quite dense, particularly compared to fat, so it can easily balance or offset any losses from fat. Don't focus on the scale. As long as the inches are falling off, you are suceeding. The scale lies.

Haha, they really do lie :) Hmm, I hadnt realised that about muscles retaining water after a workout-- would explain a lot !
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    have you taken pictures of yourself? that is a great way to compare.
  • katshokola
    Options
    have you taken pictures of yourself? that is a great way to compare.

it is... I should do that... but hated taking photos of myself when I started.. silly really when I look back, as it would have been an excellent method of comparison
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Get yourself measured and also take photos and in a month compare them to see if you are losing inches. if you are looking better and fitting better in your close, you are loosing something :)

I do understand the need to see the scale move, most of us struggle with that. Keep up the great work though :)
  • katshokola
    Options
    Get yourself measured and also take photos and in a month compare them to see if you are losing inches. if you are looking better and fitting better in your close, you are loosing something :)

I do understand the need to see the scale move, most of us struggle with that. Keep up the great work though :)