RE: Biking and running question

Options
I was just wondering if it is a good idea to ride a bike if you are trying to get better at running? I was just wondering because of the different muscles being worked out. I just have a cruiser bike that I love, but we don't have much flat ground around here, so I really work my legs out the first half of my rides. I really like riding, but if it is not a good idea for the running, I wont go so far and keep it easier.
SM

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I was just wondering if it is a good idea to ride a bike if you are trying to get better at running? I was just wondering because of the different muscles being worked out. I just have a cruiser bike that I love, but we don't have much flat ground around here, so I really work my legs out the first half of my rides. I really like riding, but if it is not a good idea for the running, I wont go so far and keep it easier.
    SM
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    SM,

I am a biker, but I know that in any sport you should do someything else while you take a break from your training. Like a biker can not bike at that time, but running and swimming is good.

I don't see any reason why biking would hurt you. Only thing I see might be negative is that if you really go up that many hills you will start building muscles that you may not want or need for your running.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Variety is the spice of life!! Yes, by all means bike and run. You need days off of running so why not??

Have fun cruising!!:tongue: