New at this, looking for supportive friends

Options
Hello everyone ! I joined mfp a few days ago and starded reading and learning about healthy life style. I am 21 years old, 140 kilos at 5'10. I have been fat my entire life, but never like this. I gained over 40 kilos over the past year and I know I can't continue esting the way I do now. I need to become healthy if I ever want to live my life and start a family one day. I joined the gym today and ready to start with a new and healthy life. Would like to have some supportive friends to keep me on track, so please add me. My goa l weight is 78 kilos which will put me in the healthy weight category. I hope to lose the 62 kilos in a year , what do you guys think? Is it possible or is it unhealthy?

Replies

• kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm always available for support and motivation!
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to be a source of motivation for you. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It will be a healthy goal as long as you don't lose too fast - goal would be about 1 kg per week, maybe a little more. Good for you! That's great! I'd also suggest getting your body composition done - it's always good to know how much fat you lose and how much lean tissue you gain over that time!
  • Tannnn12344
    Options
    Tryxxie and kmm :thank you, I sent you a friend request :) lisajsund : thank you for adding me! 1 kilo a week sounds great to be honest even if I lose "only" 30-40 kilis in a year l would still be very happy :) Thank you for the advise, I actually just got my fat% measured today in the gym :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just want to send you this link. I could've saved myself a whole year and a lot of hunger and frustration if I'd started this at the beginning of it all. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Best of luck. You can add me if you'd like. The only time I've not been on here is during vacation.
  • Tannnn12344
    Options
    Welcome! I just want to send you this link. I could've saved myself a whole year and a lot of hunger and frustration if I'd started this at the beginning of it all. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Best of luck. You can add me if you'd like. The only time I've not been on here is during vacation.
    thank you for this! I added you! Btw what an amazing progress :) may I ask how long did it take you to lose 97 lbs?
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I'm Lew and since last July I've dropped 182 pounds... 83 kilos approximately... Log everything. Overestimate the calories you eat. Underestimate the calories you burn. Stay under your goal and you will drop weight! My diary is open to friends and I comment all the time.
  • CDJ1980
    CDJ1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. Feel free to add me. I'm new here too :)
  • DivaMimi62
    DivaMimi62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and sinking fast. Let's help support each other. Feel free to friend me.
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Tannnn12344
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I'm Lew and since last July I've dropped 182 pounds... 83 kilos approximately... Log everything. Overestimate the calories you eat. Underestimate the calories you burn. Stay under your goal and you will drop weight! My diary is open to friends and I comment all the time.

wow! that is beyond impressive! I added you :)
  • Tannnn12344
    Options
    CDJ1980 DivaMimi62 and rosetulle- I added you :)