My success story (so far) pics

Options
I'm a little more than half way to my goal, so I wanted to share my (so far) pictures. First - a little about me.
31 YO
5'9''
SW - 183.6
CW - 161.2
GW - 153
I am a busy mom of 4 kids under 9. I work full time - night shift, and I also care for my kids as a SAHM (no day care). I am also the full time caregiver for my parents, who both have terminal illnesses. Stress? Yeah, I know a little bit about stress.:smile:

I worked really hard all winter to earn some money on the side to take my husband of 11 years on the honeymoon we never had - our first cruise! That was my motivation to get started living healthier. I started eating better in April, and going for walks after the kids were in bed at night. I started logging everything I ate in June, and upped my exercise to include running and Insanity. I never took a before photo - but here is me after I had already lost 15 lbs.

July 2nd 2013
20130701_215731-2_zps84c70d40.jpg

At this point, I had lost most of my weight through diet and walking. I hadn't kicked up the intensity of my workouts. Then came Insanity!

Here I am today! 20130904_155042_zpse36993ce.jpg

I feel amazing, and I love that I have dropped from a size 12 to a size 8. Now that my kids are in school, I am going to add weight training to the mix. I am running 5 miles a day, and I can sprint up 150 stairs at a time. Seriously folks, if I can find time to take better care of myself, you can too - you just have to make yourself a priority. It is totally worth it!

Jen :heart:

Replies

• AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    20130701_215731-2_zps84c70d40.jpg

20130904_155042_zpse36993ce.jpg

Fixed it for ya! You forgot the image tags. Great job!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!! You look great :)
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're amazing, I really don't know how you do it!! Congratulations I hope you and your husband really enjoy the cruise!
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing them! I will try to figure out out to fix the original post.

There! Fixed! :grumble: computer stuff... :smile:
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done
  • fitgal122
    Options
    BBBEEAAUTTTIIIFFUUULLLL!!!! You look amazing :) Seriously, you deserve to be so happy about your progress!
  • lilliann7877
    Options
    reading your thread just motivated me to not skip my running tonight! thanks so much and you look wonderful! hard work does pay off.
  • Zakiya05
    Zakiya05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your story is very motivating! When do you sleep? Anyhow you are correct if you can find time to workout with your busy schedule so can anyone. Thanks so much for sharing your story on MFP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!