Agent Seeley Booth

Options
AKA David Boreanaz. As far as I can determine, his vital stats check in at 6'2" (but that's Hollywood height, so probably 6'1" barefoot), 218 pounds, ~15% BF based on pictures.

Ok, so let's say you're a guy of similar body structure, but about 35 pounds heavier. And your goal is to achieve a figure similar to that of Special Agent Booth (with the usual "genetics permitting" caveat). The exact numbers aren't (I think) super important, I'm after a general principle here.

Should your target be to get down to the low BF percentage first, while retaining as much lean mass as possible, and then bulking back up afterwards? Or should the target be to get down to that weight, and then do short bulk/cut cycles to recomposition away the remaining fat without losing anymore (net) weight?

I'm using Booth as an example because I realized that I've now lost enough weight and achieved enough fitness that I need start thinking about the "exit plan" - ie, what do I want to look like, how fit do I want to be at maintenance. He's just a convenient placeholder, it really could be pretty much any other recognizable fit body.

Replies

• mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    David Boreanaz....hmmmmm... :love:

Sorry not much help, but at least I bumped the thread for you and gave you further evidence that DB is a very good role model to choose :wink:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Well I appreciate that, thanks! Especially from a fellow BCer. :)
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Agent booth is a very good goal. He is sexy good luck. Yeah I can't help much either but if you get this goal (which I hope you do) you are gonna be sexi good luck.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, you just got me in with the temptation of David Boreanaz. You lie :frown:
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    In for pics of David Borea..... Wait a minute where are the pics!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    In for pics of David Borea..... Wait a minute where are the pics!

I, too, was lured here under false pretenses...I am disappoint...
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    Options
    As I am currently on a Bones marathon. I was totally expecting pictures too!
  • toholio
    toholio Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Should your target be to get down to the low BF percentage first, while retaining as much lean mass as possible, and then bulking back up afterwards? Or should the target be to get down to that weight, and then do short bulk/cut cycles to recomposition away the remaining fat without losing anymore (net) weight?

I'm not sure if the scientific literature has anything to say about this but I'd imagine aiming for the low bodyfat percentage first will give you the quickest "pleasing" result even if it might technically delay getting to your ultimate goal.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if the scientific literature has anything to say about this but I'd imagine aiming for the low bodyfat percentage first will give you the quickest "pleasing" result even if it might technically delay getting to your ultimate goal.

Yeah, that totally makes sense, thanks for helping out.

To appease those looking for pics...

davidboreanaz3.jpg