women and that time

Hey all the ladies on here,

Do you feel hungrier a couple of days before you period and during your period? and what do u do to keep on your diet??

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I try to take iron supplements just before and during. They have helped me curb the cravings.
  • MissLady03
    MissLady03 Posts: 22 Member
    The major thing for me is to keep exercising during that wonderful time. I always eat back my calories burned so that helps when I'm craving everything food. Another thing I do is make/buy healthier versions of things. For instance, if I want ice cream, then I grab a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich that's only 140 calories. I get my fix without eating a whole gallon of icy yummy creaminess. :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    hell ya
    I could fry my cat up and eat him too.
    just go outside and go for a run, stay away from food.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Hey all the ladies on here,

Do you feel hungrier a couple of days before you period and during your period? and what do u do to keep on your diet??

Green tea please
  • Yup... always want some chocolate... or large quantities of the baked goods, sugar, peanutbutter... mmmmm.
    I, like others, try to find healthier options for them... or just try and fit it into my daily intake.

I find that working out for sure helps with all symptoms.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Oh god yeah, a few days before and during I crave like mad! I find that I just try and keep my protein amounts in check - maybe take more if I'm starting to craving and I don't have much room in my macros for it.
    Other than that, honestly if I'm hungry...I just eat lol.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    I actually do not get hungrier..... it's weird but I get hornier.:bigsmile:
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    YEs! Omg, everytime I get these strange cravings for chocolate! and then I eat and eat and eat... :/
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    The major thing for me is to keep exercising during that wonderful time. I always eat back my calories burned so that helps when I'm craving everything food. Another thing I do is make/buy healthier versions of things. For instance, if I want ice cream, then I grab a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich that's only 140 calories. I get my fix without eating a whole gallon of icy yummy creaminess. :laugh:

Exactly what I have to do because I'm RAVENOUS. I've read it is mother nature's way of padding us should we conceive, which makes sense to me for ovulation - when I'm STARVING - but the period, not so much. Who knows. Gotta love womanhood :)
  • Yes, but you also burn a couple hundred more calories per day in those few days before. Eat a bit more but make them filling and smart choices. Aim for a combo of fiber & protein & healthy fat.
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    My lovely time just started today - and I have been craving chocolate! So - I made sure to make lower choices for snacks and meals today - because I KNEW there was leftover birthday cake at home SCREAMING my name! Oh - and chocolate ice cream...which I will keep in the serving size portion of 1/2 cup - and eat with a baby spoon LOL. It makes it last longer.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    hell ya
    I could fry my cat up and eat him too.
    just go outside and go for a run, stay away from food.

LOL.. Was taking a sip of hot tea.. OOCH! But really worth the laugh.
  • Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    nice to know i'm not alone!! :)Terrible chocolate cravingsarghhhh
  • Dolling5
    Dolling5 Posts: 18 Member
    Yeah, but for about a week before and during too. All I want is doughnuts. The last time was particularly bad - I nearly cracked several times. I've found since starting this that I've nearly passed out a few times when I'm on, so the iron tablets are a good tip - thanks
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Carbs carbs carbs carbs carbs. Oh, and more carbs.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Eat icecream with a baby spoon is a great idea.
    Yes i get those cravings and have found if i work a snickers into my diet that helps a lot, after eating one my cravings stop which is great.
    I have a bonus with being gluten free i dont buy in cakes etc that are for me, which mean no matter how tempted i get i will not eat there stuff, it is not worth the pain and all the other symptoms that go with it for days after. The down side is it makes me want them more sometimes but i have found some great recipes for cakes etc
  • mrswilliams2uuu
    mrswilliams2uuu Posts: 13 Member
    Oh gawd! YES! I wanna eat it alllllll! And it feels like I'm going thru like withdrawal when I fight the urge to eat!. I found a hobby though last month when I was having issues I grabbed a fiber one brownie got dressed when to the craft supply store and now I have a few projects to work on. I got some popcorn too Lol that helps
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    weird question....is it normal for me to crave chocolate when my girlfriend is on her period? Because my sister laughs when I make a late night run to Quick Chek for a Twix and I don't realize my girlfriend is in fact on her period haha
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    That's hysterical.

I think they call it sympathy pain LMAO... although guys go through a monthly "cycle" as well- theirs just isn't like ours.

I get pretty wicked chocolate cravings sometimes- it's almost embarrassing how bad they are- but shrug- it is what it is. I just eat a little extra. I don't mind. The BF just supplies me with chocolate and hides LOL
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    OP - you are not alone! I find my eating cravings at their peak about a week before. My desire to eat everything in sight usually lasts a couple of days, then subsides. Like others, I work out harder so I can eat a bit more. If I want a "treat", then I measure or weigh and eat it. That's really just the big difference for me now that I'm on MFP and losing. Before this I would just eat whatever I was craving, shoveling it in until who knows when. Now I'm just so much more aware of the portions so that things don't get too outta control!