How long is your cardio routine?

Options
How long is considered average or a respectable length of time when it comes to cardio workouts? And how manny times a week is a common goal?

Replies

• loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I try to do 30mins cardio 3-4 times a week. I'm on the very heavy side, so I do what my body can do right now.
  • soslowjim
    soslowjim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What can you do now? And what is your goal? And how much time do you have available?
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    1 hour 3 times a week
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 5 years now
  • A3L7
    A3L7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on how much time I have during the day. I'll do between 25 and110 minutes 4 to 6 times a week. That includes stair stepper, elliptical, and/or running.

Whatever you do though, you'll be lapping everyone on the couch!
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Well im just starting out. I have a lot of time on my hands so i go to the gym about 5 days a week and go for about an hour on the elliptical. Im just not sure whats average or best. I don't want to overdo it either if thats possible to do.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    One episode of an "hour" TV show (which is about 45 mins) if I'm at the gym OR however long it takes me to run/jog/walk 3 miles. Usually 3-4 times a week.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45 minutes, either cycling or running, 6-7 times a week.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    30-60 minutes 2-5x a week. Depends. I just started C25K and I'm doing that Tuesdays and Thursdays. I try to get in some additional/short cardio after weight training M, W, and F. Doesn't always workout though..lol.
  • Floshin
    Options
    I make sure I burn atleast 400 calories a session. So around the 40ish minute mark.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I run from 3-4 times a week, for an hour or so. Generally I follow up the running with some calisthenics (mud run training). I also lift twice a week, and tend to end those sessions with a bit of cardio, 20 minutes or so on an elliptical.
  • Bryy312
    Bryy312 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HIIT cardio such as sprinting (YOUR top speed) is perfect for getting the heart pumping for the entire workout and hours afterwards. Start with this sample and tailor it to your specific needs:

6~7 days a week.

-30sec jog

-15sec sprint

-repeat for 10~15mins

(Increase total workout time as the weeks go on.)

I highly suggest taking an ice bath/very COLD shower afterward. Your muscles will soothe, and your body will be forced into an endothermic-like state which burns calories. Your unwanted fat will burn right off.