Help: Keep on Gaining Weight!

Options
I am a 23 years old Asian, working on desk with minimum exercise/moving. I am around 158cm, 62kg.

I have joined MFP for 2 weeks. For the first week, i eat only a little (around 700 -900 calories 1 day) and manage to lose 1 kg within a week.

But then some of my friends advised me to eat more as if i eat less than 1200 per day, my metabolism would drop. So for the begining of this week, i have been eating around 1000+ calories, which is nearer to my gaol and this is where my weight started to gain!! Starting from monday til today, i have gained back 0.5kg (which is half of the weight i have lost!!!)
I have been eating quite healthy with loads of veggie and fruits, that's why i dont understand where did i do wrong

my diary is open, so anyone can advise me on this??? :sad:

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are completely normal. Gaining 0.5 kg over three days is nothing to be concerned about, at all. Keep on eating well, the weight will drop.
  • mrsohlson
    mrsohlson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would give it at least 2-4 weeks before you stress about it. Just focus on healthy eating during that time and enjoy your life.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your kinda stressing over nothing....sometimes the scale and fixating on a number makes it harder to stay positive. Give it time before you fret. Two weeks is not enough time to tell if what you are doing works, but definitely eat enough food or you are doing your body zero good.
  • Jasminna
    Jasminna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal to have your weight fluctuate 1-3 lbs ESP new diet habits. You need to eat the minimal 1200 calories of metabolism kickstart foods, healthy n clean, think high portion n high fiber.
    Keep going don't focus on the number.
  • allories
    Options
    Thank you for the advises. This is my first time having a healty diet (with fruits and veggies) so i am kinda paranoid if i have started the whole thing wrongly :laugh: