Chocolate fix?

Options
Does anyone know of a chocolate fix when you are on a diet? something homemadeee preferably

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate when I'm craving chocolate.

Fit a portion/serving into your cals/macros for the day.
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What she said......Smile K xo
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fibre 1 bars with chocolate in them.

I have also posted a recipe in the recipe section for 60 cal brownies, search "Less-Than 100 Calorie Brownies" in the search tab of the community section on the site.

A few chocolate chips usually does the trick as well :) 70 cal for a tbsp, but it works in a fix
  • mollymarie83
    mollymarie83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow candy bars are pretty good, or if you want something homemade I take a container of light cool whip, 8oz of plain lowfat yogurt (regular, not greek or it will taste sour) and one package of dry brownie mix. mix it all together then get low fat graham crackers for dipping. It's a skinny brownie batter dip, it's soooo good!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    For home made try http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

The healthy dessert blog. She lists calories counts for almost everything too
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I call this recipe my "binge buster." It satisfies my chocolate cravings and is healthy.

1/2 banana, mashed
    2 T PB - can be regular or chocolate
    1 scant T cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    almond milk to thin

Mix all together. I eat the whole thing right from the dish. It's under 140 calories. I usually enter the ingredients individually for macros and nutrients.

You can melt one or two T of chocolate chips and mix in, but it is more calories.
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    100 cals of Lindt 90% (about 2 squares), every day. :)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Usually I'll just have some chocolate if I REALLY want it.

Otherwise... Quest Brownie bar does just perfectly for me. I love them, pretty yummy. Also I love my Carnivor chocolate protein shakes.
    :smile:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hallowedhill
    Options
    I like Silk's Dark Chocolate Almond Milk with 1 scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein powder (preferably mixed in a blender).

Good luck!

29929721.png
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I do pieces of Dove dark chocolate. I also just bought some Weight Watchers ice cream bars that are pretty good. The other day when I made up a chocolate, banana, and walnut treat, I realized that Hershey's chocolate syrup (like for ice cream) is pretty darn delicious, chocolaty, and low calorie-- at the time I thought that if I ever get a mad chocolate craving, I would just eat a Tbsp of it!
  • sw1097
    Options
    I am a definite chocolate addict and need my fix. I find that when I deny myself I end up eating more calories than if I would have just had a little chocolate to begin with. Of course the problem is always stopping at a little.

I found these really yummy dark chocolate covered pomegranates from Costco (they also have a blueberry and Acai). What I do is count out 23 and put them in container. This is how many I limit myself to each day. It is 180 calories, but they are very rich and most of the time a few will satisfy without the all the calories.

Here is a link... https://www.google.com/#psj=1&q=brookside+dark+chocolate+covered+acai+with+blueberry&tbm=shop
  • KatieM46
    KatieM46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate milk so I have dark chocolate soy milk. It's only 100 calories per 8oz glass and its packed with calcium.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I subscribe to Heidi Powells blog she has amazing recipes. I made the sweet potato brownies and they were delicious.

http://heidipowell.net/tag/dessert/
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pudding is really good and pretty easy to make homemade. It is not that high in calories.
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Galaxy bubbles hot chocolate with orange or Options hot chocolate with mint. Very chocolatey and tasty. Works for me.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    100 cals of Lindt 90% (about 2 squares), every day. :)
    Or 56 cals of Tesco 72%, 1 square, every day.
    About once every two weeks I need a second square!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am a definite chocolate addict and need my fix. I find that when I deny myself I end up eating more calories than if I would have just had a little chocolate to begin with. Of course the problem is always stopping at a little.

I found these really yummy dark chocolate covered pomegranates from Costco (they also have a blueberry and Acai). What I do is count out 23 and put them in container. This is how many I limit myself to each day. It is 180 calories, but they are very rich and most of the time a few will satisfy without the all the calories.

Here is a link... https://www.google.com/#psj=1&q=brookside+dark+chocolate+covered+acai+with+blueberry&tbm=shop

Oh my gosh, I love these! You can actually get them a lot of places now. I had to cut myself off from buying them. I started out being good--buying the box of single serve packs and eating one pack...then it went to two...then three. I could easily polish off a whole bag at once! (So I can't have them anymore...at least not until I see them in a single-serve package as a stand alone purchase.)
  • kansasamy
    kansasamy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat just one piece of dark chocolate and it seems to do the trick.