FUN exercising DVD recommendations...

Options
I have the Denise Austin, Paula Abdul, Zumba, hip hop, jane fonda, etc. I am looking for a dvd good for cardio, low impact, yet fun. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    this one comes highly recommended around here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Yep. Definitely this. :flowerforyou:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    TurboJam is fun. I do TurboFire, which is a more intense form of TurboJam. However, TurboFire has a person that demonstrates the low-impact version of each move. The music is amazing,as well as the moves, and Chalene is an awesome instructor! I would definitely look into either option. Good luck!
  • wenron
    wenron Posts: 12 Member
    Options

^Yep. Definitely this. :flowerforyou:

thanks...i meant DVD's for a co-worker and myself after work. I like the tunes tho :-)
  • Marjrides
    Marjrides Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" DVD's. There are a number of different ones that are varying levels of difficulty. The word "walk" does not begin to describe the kinds of moves she leads you through for a 'total body workout'. Plus suggestions to raise the difficulty level if you are very fit, or if you are like me and still working to improve, to lower the level. I love them!
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I enjoy toning dvds more than straight cardio, that's not to say I don't have both. My favorite at the moment is a crunch workout called burn and firm pilates, has weights and plenty of movement to burn calories. The few times I've done it with my hr monitor I burned around 500 calories...but of course that will differ from person to person.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Turbofire. It is so much fun and you can do the modifications to make it lower impact.
  • trothaar
    trothaar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Beachbody's workout DVDs. I've done P90X and Insanity. If I were to try a cardio tape, I'd do TurboFire or Les Mills Combat; both look like fun, and a lot people seem to like them.

(Disclaimer: no, I am not a coach. I tried it briefly, and it was most definitely NOT for me, but I still enjoy Beachbody's workout DVDs.)

Edited to add: you might also want to look at the free workout videos on dailyhiit.com. I've not tried them, but I've heard good things about them.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like Petra Kolber. Her Cardio for Beginners is good, and Liquid Grooves, they are pretty beginner though so depends on your level. She's got some others out that look very nice, many very dancey. I also just got that Doonya Bollywood workout thats recently out, that looks like heaps of fun but I haven't actually done it yet.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Turbofire. It is so much fun and you can do the modifications to make it lower impact.

I love Turbo Fire but I question how good a workout it is when doing low impact. Especially during HIIT weeks. Low impact plyometrics just isn't possible.