Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Juice substitute (really it is just tea lol)

So I used to be a HUGE juice drinker! I would love buying orange, grape, v8splash, really any juice type drink and would drink a big bottle within sometimes 2 days. I have been doing the water thing but knew I wanted my slightly sweet drink in there. Usually, I tend to be a seasonal drinker (like drinking cold things in the summer and hot drinks only in the winter) so I didnt really think about tea until like a total goof I realized I could chill it and make it into a cold ice tea! I add a small packet of stevia to my tea, chill it, and then it becomes the perfect juice substitute!
I thought I would share this idea with others who are looking for a cold sweet beverage. Sometimes I also add frozen fruit pieces to help chill the tea down even more. Plus the frozen fruit turns into a delicious treat at the bottom of the glass.

anyone else know of any more sweet drink alternatives?

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I like the idea of frozen fruit in tea, I will have to try that! I love juice too and we always have several different kinds on hand. Have you ever tried any of the Diet V8 Splash flavors, or the Minute Maid varieties that are 15 calories? They're really good - and make great vodka mixers.
  • Yes I've tried those in the past. I'm not a huge fan of the Diet V8 Splash because of the flavor and I believe it has splenda in it. I'm more of a stevia gal lol. The best way for me not to be tempted to drink the whole bottle is to not even buy it so it is nice to use tea insted because I only make one cup at a time and it doesn't have any terrible additives in it :)
  • I have recently tried coconut water flavored with lime. It is absolutely delicious, if you like the taste of coconut of course. The brand i found has a bit of agave syrup in it about 33 cal for 100ml - i do have to measure so that i don't 'splurge' on it.
    I would not recommend aloe juice which tasted really funny (in a bad way) to me.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Tazo herb teas, no sweetener needed :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    I am using tea to kick my diet soda habit. I am trying to get away from all artificial sweetners, so I either add a packet of "sugar in the raw", or no sugar at all... depends on the flavor of the tea... I usually add one or two herbal bags with a black tea bag... because I'm not giving up caffeine... lord, what would I have left?!