pre-workout foods!

Options
what are some of your favorite PRE-WORKOUT snacks/meals??

I need ideas for things I can eat quickly between work and the gym. I no longer use the pre-workout shakes that I used to....they didn't sit very well with me when I'm running! I use the DotFit protein bars a lot, but that gets old.

Replies

• kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I take a straight black coffee and two cans of tuna 30 mins pre-workout :)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a favourite but will usually have something high carb, medium- low fat and medium- low protein :)
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My pre workout is normally a cup of coffee and a banana (work out in the am so this is breakfast) normally then have a bowl of high protein cereal and a protein shake afterwards.
  • Brummig
    Options
    I don't know but I had a serious reminder yesterday that I need to think more about my pre workout nutrition! 2 Weetabix and a black coffee 4 hours before does not cut it every time, and certainly was not enough yesterday and collapsing in a class is not a good look - especially as I then get very embarrassed....
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    coffee and a greek yogurt is something I'll have often. I workout early-ish and I don't like a lot sloshing around my tummy but I do need a little something to keep me going.
    edit to add: After my workout I usually have a whey protein shake or Kashi cereal or eggs or something more substantial (it's mid morning by the time I have this)
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I go on bike rides that are usually 2-3 hours long for most of my workouts, so I usually eat a full meal before I ride. I take a clif bar with me to eat during the ride if I get hungry in the middle of it, which I generally do.
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a 3.5 mile run in about 45 minutes and I'm just drinking coffee now followed by Greek yogurt,
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    A Pop Tart.
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A Pop Tart.

^^ haha LOVE THIS x
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade protein oat bar that has oats, peanut butter, protein powder, honey and some other stuff that is great to have beforehand.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sour patch kids and a stimulant cocktail
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    a yogurt- or a hard boiled egg several hours before I leave- or left overs. . I typically don't really eat before I work out- I normally am at work till 4/430 and I eat right before I leave job A... then head to job B... and after job B I work out.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I do either banana and peanut butter, toast with almond butter, greek yogurt or some fruit. If my workout is after work, I just try to eat a later lunch so I'm not starving by the time I get to the gym.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    recently it has been 2 slices of wholemeal bread with chocolate chip peanut butter.
  • StephLoves2Lift
    Options
    I have heard of bodybuilders and fitness models eating gummy bears. And I have seen huge guys at the gym drink a 2 liter of Mountain Dew! Why is that? :) I love Sour Patch kids!