Half Marathon

Options
cma17
cma17 Posts: 56 Member
I just wanted to gloat really, yes I know it is very humble of me, but I am so proud.

I was about to enter my first half marathon only to roll my ankle two weeks out then 2 months later I did it!
I didn't train (not recommended by the way) It took me 2 .5hrs and hurt so badly but i finished.

My advice to anyone that thinks they can't do it, you can. If you can run 5km you can run 20 it is all mental and you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I hated running when I started less than a year ago and now... I still hate it just not as much =)
Make sure you train,there are various place you can go to get a training program, most events that i am aware of provide one. Make sure you have a proper breakfast a few hours before you run and remember everyone out there is hurting just as much as you are.

Thanks,
Chris.

P.s I am still overweight so don't think you can't do it unless your BMI is perfect, you can.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!