2 months .4lbs

Options
So I have been on mfp for 2 months.
I lost my first couple of pounds in the first months. now going onto the second month. I weighed myself this morning and I only lost .4lbs :(

My goal weight is 110lbs. I am currently 5'2" and 116.4lbs
I started at 125.

I net 1320 cals, or try too.

my diary is open to the public.

I defiantly feel like I've lost more then .4lbs. my whole body composition is different (profile picture. month 1 on the right month 2 on the left)

I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am a full time student going to university 4 days a week. I work at a daycare on tuesday nights. and I am a wedding server on the weekends (i never stop moving).

if someone could help or offer advice that would be awesome!

Thank you!

p.s I didn't eat a lot yesterday, I know this. I am currently sick and my stomach is flipping around. just a heads up!

oh yeah! I have been doing Jillian Michaels 'ripped in 30!' :)

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Doesnt look like you are doing anything wrong. Your body seems to be pretty close to goal , and pretty fit as well, because of this it may take you a while to get those last few lbs off. If your body is still changing than you are still progressing.
  • silvernix2
    silvernix2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It gets harder to lose the last few pounds the closer you get to your goal. Keep at it. Plus, the lack of weight loss could be associated with weight fluctuations from water or what not. You're doing fine :). Just make sure you're eating enough (obviously being sick is an exception) and getting plenty of rest.
  • niniagrn
    niniagrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for 20 days and I've lost 4lbs. I'm excited for any weight loss; with that being said I must say your calculations are a little off. You stated at 125 and currently weigh 116.4, you lost 8.6lbs. I think you are doing a wonderful job!!!!
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for 20 days and I've lost 4lbs. I'm excited for any weight loss; with that being said I must say your calculations are a little off. You stated at 125 and currently weigh 116.4, you lost 8.6lbs. I think you are doing a wonderful job!!!!

Thank you!
    I started a little after my first few lbs :) thats why
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    I really hope everyone is right with it being because I only Ned to lose a few lbs now :/
  • dsims_nc
    dsims_nc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure your scale is not out of whack. Especially if it is a mechanical scale - it could just be plain wrong.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Take measurements.

If you are exercising, even body weight strength training, you are maintaining LBM while only losing fat. The scale will move slower because you're only losing fat...not water (actually retaining it for muscle repair), not LBM.

The tape measure is the best tool for measuring progress, not the scale, especially with so little left to lose. You answered why you feel like you lost more.....your body composition has changed. You probably lost .4 lbs of fat, not LBM, not water (as stated before), which constitutes as inches (BF%) dropping.
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    Make sure your scale is not out of whack. Especially if it is a mechanical scale - it could just be plain wrong.

I didn't think of that!
  • RGv2
    Options

I didn't think of that!

I doubt that's it, IMHO.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Do some research on nutrients. You need more variety of veggies in your diet, along with protein and fat. You are eating too few calories for all the moving you do. Pretty is as pretty does! You are hurting your health-especially bone mass and heart with this diet.
    Please up your calories-you'll still lose.
    If you continue on this way, you will eat/binge at the end of your "diet" and regain it all plus more.
    A young woman's bone mass production peaks at around your age-please don't ignore your health for what u consider to be beauty.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Do some research on nutrients. You need more variety of veggies in your diet, along with protein and fat. You are eating too few calories for all the moving you do. Pretty is as pretty does! You are hurting your health-especially bone mass and heart with this diet.
    Please up your calories-you'll still lose.
    If you continue on this way, you will eat/binge at the end of your "diet" and regain it all plus more.
    A young woman's bone mass production peaks at around your age-please don't ignore your health for what u consider to be beauty.

I don't think her calories are that far off. Her TDEE -20% is like 1450. She could come up about 100 calores to be right on TDEE -20%, 200 to be TDEE -15%.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Take measurements.

If you are exercising, even body weight strength training, you are maintaining LBM while only losing fat. The scale will move slower because you're only losing fat...not water (actually retaining it for muscle repair), not LBM.

The tape measure is the best tool for measuring progress, not the scale, especially with so little left to lose. You answered why you feel like you lost more.....your body composition has changed. You probably lost .4 lbs of fat, not LBM, not water (as stated before), which constitutes as inches (BF%) dropping.

This...

For example you can tell by my ticker since June 17th I have lost 8.25 lbs...nearing my goal ...but what you can't see is the 13 inches gone...which is a huge loss imo

Google images muscle vs fat and you will see...
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    I defiantly feel different because my clothes fit better and my body looks different. But could .4 of muscle really do all that? And I technically am eating at my tdee 20%. My tdee 20% is 1463. I eat 1320 +180 exercise calories. I am actually eating more.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Take measurements.

I agree with this.
    I'm 5'1" 105lbs now. Maintaining on 1750 calories. I have a desk job and try to get a few workouts in per week. I was barely eating at a deficit when I was losing- maybe by 200-250 calories. Protein and fats are good for you and should be thought of as minimums. (You shouldn't really be at TDEE-20%, or even TDEE-15% with only a few more pounds to go... you should be getting ready to transition to maintenance, so maybe TDEE-10%)

You're doing great. The Jillian Michael's videos are awesome. A great way to lose inches. I didn't lose very many pounds doing the 30DS either, but I did lose inches. Don't focus too much on the scale number... As long as you are liking the changes in your body and measurements, that's what you should focus on. I've actually decided I would like to go back up to 110-115lbs, if I can keep my body fat as low as it is now.
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    Thank you. This helps a lot. My goal was my 21st birthday, November 3rd. But idk if ill make it now :) thank you!
  • RGv2
    Options
    I defiantly feel different because my clothes fit better and my body looks different. But could .4 of muscle really do all that? And I technically am eating at my tdee 20%. My tdee 20% is 1463. I eat 1320 +180 exercise calories. I am actually eating more.
    .4 lbs of fat...... yes, would make a difference in body composition...especially at your size.

Your muscle mass isn't changing.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Measure, Measure, Measure!! Forget the scale.
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I decided not to freak out and to take my last 6lbs slow :)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This helps a lot. My goal was my 21st birthday, November 3rd. But idk if ill make it now :) thank you!

Girl, you look good! I would love to have those abs! You are going to look hot in whatever you choose to wear for your bday and no one is going to have a scale with them and ask you to hop on it. Nor are you going to have to wear your number on your forehead for all to see. (I mean, I would hope not... if you do, you need some different friends!)

Happy early birthday! Hope you have a great time!