Episodic stomach cramps with weight loss

Options
Background: I run 3-5 times a week. About 40-60 minutes and about 4-5 miles. That's the only exercise I currently do (I know, need to mix it up).

Yesterday I experienced moderately severe stomach cramps around 10am until 2-3pm. Nothing debilitating, but painful enough that it couldn't be ignored. It was a normal day otherwise, same breakfast I always have (coffee, banana, vitamin). I don't have any other symptoms to indicate a virus of any kind. It made me remember a similar experience months ago when I first started monitoring my diet (my weight loss plan).

Is there any research or common knowledge about episodic stomach cramps related to long-term weight loss?
Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• seinfeldlove
    seinfeldlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I have the same thing. Last night I finished my logging my diary for the day, came in under my calories, all my water. I had nothing unusual yesterday, same type of foods, healthy, moderate portions. About 10 minutes after eating I got the most severe stomach cramps of my life. I am allergic to aspirin and codeine and the cramps I get from those is what they felt like. I couldn't stand up straight. Went to lie down, curled up in a ball. DH offered to take me to the emergency room I was in such pain! They finally eased off but all night I could feel the muscles of my stomach clench and tighten painfully. No sleep and I took today off from work because of it. Today it feels better, but sore, deeply sore. I'm so puzzled, what on earth did I do or eat?
  • brentaspinwall5
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I have the same thing. Last night I finished my logging my diary for the day, came in under my calories, all my water. I had nothing unusual yesterday, same type of foods, healthy, moderate portions. About 10 minutes after eating I got the most severe stomach cramps of my life. I am allergic to aspirin and codeine and the cramps I get from those is what they felt like. I couldn't stand up straight. Went to lie down, curled up in a ball. DH offered to take me to the emergency room I was in such pain! They finally eased off but all night I could feel the muscles of my stomach clench and tighten painfully. No sleep and I took today off from work because of it. Today it feels better, but sore, deeply sore. I'm so puzzled, what on earth did I do or eat?

Same here, big mystery. My optimistic hope is that the running is developing abs under what is now fat and/or this is the process of my stomach re-sizing/shrinking to adjust to a consistent 1,440 calorie diet.