Body fat - Pork scratching!!

Options
its just dawned on me (yes i'm slow on the uptake) that although I have lost a bit of weight my body fat is dangerously high 40% - nearly as much as a pork scratching :-O

Can anyone that has reduced their fat percentage help me in what physical activity I should do?

I was thinking normal gym session 5 times a week (a program set up the gym including 30 mins interval training on various equipment as well as weight lifting) and then slot in body pump twice and spin twice maybe with a yoga session (as i hear that's quite good).

I have already switched to clean eating - I want to reduce body fat to 25% by my 30th in May - 9 months i think this is achievable?

Any tip or any timetables that you are following already would be a great help :-) xxx

Replies

• nicola1812
    nicola1812 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Making multiple posts of the same topic is not cool.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Everyone's gonna say it - less cardio, more weights. Heavy weights. A lot of it is going to be just losing weight, but if you're not doing much resistance work that weight will be closer to 50/50 fat/muscle, and that won't help your bf%.

I went from 35% bf to around 22% doing mostly lifting, minimal cardio (1 or 2 20 minute sessions/week).
  • nicolacx
    Options
    i know i realised i put it in the wrong place :-/
  • nicolacx
    Options
    So I am on the right track - defo going to up my body pump sessions as find it easier if someones watching me so that i dont flake out!!