Running/jogging android apps

Options
Hi all,
Can some one advise me on the best app for running/jogging that's pretty easy to set up and retrieve the data from it.
I've taken the time to get my pace right over the last few weeks (using HR monitor) and want to get a bit deeper into it... many thanks to those that comment....:smile:

Replies

• Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    Search for endomondo on your device
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i just use the free Google Tracks app and it has everything I need for any moving activity, from running to biking, walking, kayaking or what have you
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really like the runtastic app. . . it has free to try with limited functions and full version is def worth the 6 bucks. It links up with several major HBMs as well as syncs all your workout with mfp!!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use caledos runner, very simple to use. You can also change to other activities, such as biking, skiing etc.
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really like the Map My Run app. It's free, gives you your split times, etc. I believe Nike also has one, and a lot of people use Runkeeper.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    My Tracks syncs to your Google Drive.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper.
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper as well. It syncs with MFP too if you want it to! :)
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really like the Map My Run app. It's free, gives you your split times, etc. I believe Nike also has one, and a lot of people use Runkeeper.

I also use Map My Run, it's good as you're able to map routes, measures distance, calories calculated on you height, gender, age with the exercise. It also has updates in you headphones if you like, which up date you at milestones like miles.
  • JamBlaze
    JamBlaze Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I also use Map My Run, it's good as you're able to map routes, measures distance, calories calculated on you height, gender, age with the exercise. It also has updates in you headphones if you like, which up date you at milestones like miles.

Thirded MapMyRun! I've tried about four running apps and this is still my favourite. Nice online section to it, and the GPS seems to sync better compared with Endomondo.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I also use Map My Run and would recommend it.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    Options
    i use runkeeper... you can sync it with MFP and it will record your activity for you...
  • pauljsaunders
    Options
    Thanks to all that commented, I'm going to try runtastic first and then test the others over time, they all seem to have something to benefit from... many thanks again...