5K Tuesday's

Options
Thought I'd tell you all about my new tradition (in its second week). Now that the Biggest Loser is back on and I love that show but find I feel 'guilty' sitting there watching these poor people get their *kitten* handed to them so I now get on my treadmill and pound out a 5K! Last week took me nearly 53 minutes (wasn't feel well), last night I got it down to 45 minutes and only walked 2 minutes of it.

If you watch the Biggest Loser I challenge you to get your butt off the couch too and do something while you watch!!

Replies

• patricialynnparks
    Options
    Good for you....that is great that you improved your time!
  • Bambie
    Options
    AWESOME! This is my first season watching the show-liking it so far! Last week I felt the same way you do...sitting on my couch watching the show felt wrong. So, my BFF and I (we're on this life changing mission together) both bought a Cardio Style MS100 stair stepper, and last night I "stepped" for 45min. while watching! (Even thoug I'm getting over Strep Throat, I felt so good and proud of myself for doing it! So..I've met your challenge, who else will join us?!
    PS, I'm about to get on my "stepper" to watch Glee that I PVR'd last night!
  • emersoam
    Options
    Another great idea is to get up and MOVE during the commercials! Do some push ups, squats, jumping jacks, etc...you'll burn some quick calories and the commericals will fly by!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That is awesome---I wish I had a treadmill at home to be able to run while I was watching it. Maybe I'll do some an arm, ab and leg workout during commercials!! Thanks for the motivation!
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea! I wish I had a treadmill so that I could watch it and know how far I'm running. But I really like that idea!!!! I'm going to use that with my support group I lead. I think that it can help those of us that have the tendency to sit down for a show and then complain they aren't getting enough exercise in. :)

Thanks and best wishes in your journey
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    For those without a treadmill, you can always do what I do, march in place or jog in place. I pull out my small wii balance board and step up and down during the time. I normally do that during Money Hungry but I am up for the Biggest Loser challenge part too.

I dont watch the show on Tuesday though. I have it taped and then watch it Wed on my free night. This week its getting pushed to this weekend sometime I think.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! This is my first season watching the show-liking it so far! Last week I felt the same way you do...sitting on my couch watching the show felt wrong. So, my BFF and I (we're on this life changing mission together) both bought a Cardio Style MS100 stair stepper, and last night I "stepped" for 45min. while watching! (Even thoug I'm getting over Strep Throat, I felt so good and proud of myself for doing it! So..I've met your challenge, who else will join us?!
    PS, I'm about to get on my "stepper" to watch Glee that I PVR'd last night!

I am so proud of you, my BFF!

I too am loving The Biggest Loser! I can't get enough! I feel so motivated watching, and it's only just begun! Working out and tv seem to go hand in hand for me. Either on my new "stepper" or this afternoon I watched my PVR'd Glee for my 45 minutes on the elliptical! Sometimes I even just lie on my side and do leg raises while I watch in the evenings. I figure it's something right?! Keep up the great work everyone!