URGENT: weight loss 'buddy'/'buddies'

Hey all,

Firstly, sorry for the dramatic headline - just thought it might catch your eye. Hopefully it worked if you're reading this... :)

I'm Clare. I'm 20 years old (21 this October!), and looking to lose weight.

Height: 5 foot 4. (162cm)

Current weight: 9st8lbs (60.7 kg).

Goal weight: 8st (50.8 kg). I would be happy at 8st 7lbs though. Anything after that is just icing on the cake, metaphorically!

Since I started uni after taking a year out things started to go downhill. Whilst I've never been really 'overweight', I've always been a little bit bigger than I wanted to be and it seemed like all the girls at uni were slim and beautiful. I developed serious self-esteem issues and was diagnosed with depression and bulimia nervosa. Since I 'caught' it early on and am now receiving help, things are starting to look up.

Losing weight *healthily* is now my priority.

My current exercise regime is centred around cycling. I bike 16 miles 3-4 times a week, outdoors, and I also use a turbo trainer at home for 30 mins 4 times a week. My aim is to keep this going when I get back to uni (might be difficult), and to introduce new exercises for maximum effect. I'd like to start yoga or pilates and also start swimming more.

My eating habits are not the best at times, and I desperately need motivation and someone to 'own up to' when I don't do so well. I think the threat of looking bad in front of someone I don't know will make me work harder!!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Hey Clare! I'd be more than happy to be your buddy! :) I've sent you a request.

Always feel free to "own up" to me, as well as gripe, vent and explode! I'm here for all of that.

Light, Love & Magick,

Tryxxie
  • RainyDayWomen
    RainyDayWomen Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks so much, Tryxxie. That's really kind :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Motivation comes from within. You really need to "own up to yourself" since you are the only one you'll be cheating. Just sayin. But welcome. There is support everywhere. Follow the program, log everything. And it will happen. Get it girl!!!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    No math expert here but that is about 133 pounds right ?? I am in about the same boat, please feel free to add me, been around almost a yr and after estrogen replacement therapy, put on 10 # that I would like to take back off and bulk up some. Not afraid of calories just the body fat percentage, so I do not log in my food right now. Did that for a long while and think that is good, just need to strength train a little more often. Good luck !
  • Hyacinth86
    Hyacinth86 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm a lot bigger a lady than you (*sob!*) but if you need anyone to help keep you on track or need to vent or whatever feel free to add :) I'm 26 and at 226 pounds now (I just started last month) and got a ways to go so I'll be around for a while :)