Scale Victory! - broke my plateau

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
After stalling out since January (Yea.. that long.) playing with macros, calorie counts, thyroid meds, etc. I finally decided to track my WATER intake, instead of just assumeing I was drinking 8 cups a day. A little more research told me to drink an extra cup for every 25lbs I want to lose. So I went and bought a 1.4 liter water bottle, and made sure to down atleast 1 1/2 a day.

Within a week, I lost .4. The next week, I lost 1.5!! I'm so excited. After not seeing the scale move for almost 7 months, its so exciting to see the losses again.

Yaaaay!!!

*** Warning, may induce frequent trips to the bathroom! lol..

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This definitely helps. Thinking about having to drink water can stop snacking and eating larger portions. Even if you don't realise it, you won't be eating as much if you're drinking more. And that's a good thing! Plus, more pee trips means a little more exercise at least!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I have been "stuck" all summer, even after increasing my activity quite a bit, but I have not looked at my water intake. I keep a cup of ice water with me all the time, but I think I have been refilling it less frequently. I haven't been pushing myself to be sure I drink enough. I'll get more serious about it and see if it helps me too.

If nothing else....extra bathroom trips mean more steps walked every day, right? ;)
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That is one thing that if I am not on top of (the actual intake amount) I either stall out and slow or gain at times. I have found my body HAS to have a certain amount of water for me to lose regularly (I am not close to goal right now). It is an amazing thing how when actually paid attention too how much it can help or hinder your efforts.

Keep it up!
  • LoriA115
    LoriA115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck or hovering in the same space since June. I have thought about really looking at my water intake, but I haven't. But I will now! Good for you!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Whoo awesome victory.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good post! Thank you, and well done :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Tagged to follow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!