Snacks??

Options
Hey all,

I'm on my third attempt to do this fitness thing right. Part of my problem is I am so hungry all of the time when trying to stay at 1200 calories.

What are your favorite easy to prepare snacks you nibble on while at work?

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, nuts of any kind, wasabi peas, hummus and crackers, turkey jerkey, apples, grapes, avocado rolled in slices of turkey, you get the idea.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh and eat every 2-3 hours and drink LOTS of water! The first week will be rough but after that your body will become accustomed to the decrease in calories.
  • rachelwilliams93
    rachelwilliams93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat strawberries which are low in calories, any fruit is good for you too eat and will keep you fuller for longer, also hartley jelly pits are good only 10 cal, walls milk lolly only 30 cal. I know weight watchers food is expensive but there always handy and last but not least snack a jacks :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to stay at 1200 calories then? If you're hungry all the time, you should eat more food. Exercise to add more to eat if you don't want to increase your target.

But if you won't eat more, here are some things you can do to ensure you stay full longer:

- Avoid fat-free foods. Fat is satiating. Eat some... try for 20-30% of daily intake from fats.
    - Eat high fiber. Fiber keeps you feeling full longer. Go for at least 25-30g daily.
    - Eat protein at every meal and snack.
    - Combine protein, fiber and fat whenever possible for the most satiety.
    - Drink ample water.

But you only have 30 lbs to lose. I recommend aiming for no more than 1 lb weekly. In fact, if you set your goal to lose 1/2 a pound weekly, you'll barely notice you're dieting.
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Avocado inside lunch meat is something I've never thought of! I've got some delicious rotisserie-flavored deli chicken I'll have to try that with!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fruit, eat all the fruit you want! They have natural sugars. And you'll be full by the time you consume 200 cals from fruit.
    Also, buy a huge variety of fruit so you don't get bored. When you go shopping, pick one or two of each kind of fruit , and try to eat 3-4 per day so you don't get bored of the same taste. Some yummy fruits that I'm currently hooked on to - watermelon, green plums, red plums, nectarines, apple pears!
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    Fruit or carrots, sometimes they sell them in prepackaged little snack packs. I like to buy the 90 calorie Fiber One bars or 100 calories Quaker Chewy granola bars as well, if you are in the mood for something sweet, it's just the right amount and they are good!
  • spammarino
    spammarino Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Loaded with good fats and some protein. Helps keep you satiated. I also drink a lot of water (at least 12 cups a day) and that usually helps keep cravings down.