WEIGHT Loss Surgery, with out the Surgery

Options
wow, just when you think you've seen it all, they come out with this.........

bizarre........

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/health/weight-loss-surgery,-without-the-surgery

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Lovely, and then when you to have it, you may have this to look forward to..........its more bizarre.....

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/09/29/heightened-suicide-risk-weight-loss-surgery/
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I've heard of hypnosis for weight loss but that is just wild. But I guess if it works for some than I go for it.

As for the surgery, my personal opinion and I have considered the surgery before, is that there is too much of a risk in the future, too many what if's. I have heard too many stories of people not losing weight, gaining weight and even one of a guy who lost his life when he gained the weight back which caused irreversable damage to his stomach.
  • aujourdhui
    Options
    My wife has been considering the surgery for years now, and we go back and forth on the topic. It is a very hard decision to make; at this current point, she has decided that it is not for her. We have a good friend who has had it, and has lost a lot of weight, but his quality of life is very challenging. He constantly has stomach issues... Another woman I know has unfortunately passed away due to complications. I know she is a minority, but that was terribly sad and tragic. I think what I tell my wife is, I support her whatever decision she makes, but I'm in favor of her just plugging away making changes that will gradually take affect. She has adopted some healthier choices, and has lost some weight, and this year, it is working for her, whenever she wants to up her game, that is fine with me. What is that parable? Slow and steady wins the race?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    Lovely, and then when you to have it, you may have this to look forward to..........its more bizarre.....

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/09/29/heightened-suicide-risk-weight-loss-surgery/
    This one doesn't surprise me. As aujourdhui mentioned, quality of life is very challenging after weight-loss surgery. I think that has to be a big disappointment to someone who is hoping the surgery will make life better, not harder. I have a good friend who I tried very hard to talk out of having gastric bypass surgery, with no luck. She did lose a good deal of weight at first, but her digestive problems are many. It's been a few years now, and she has been gaining the weight back. It breaks my heart.
  • aujourdhui
    Options
    Wow, I just noticed your goals and how far you've come. That's excellent! I feel pretty slow/kind of stuck with my progress, so it's nice to see that with work, it DOES pay off eventually! :D
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and it does pay off. Consistency is the key. Took me long enough to figure that out, but I'm glad I did. :happy: