Like Mayor Goldie Wilson, progress is my middle name

Options
Preface....After college (1998) I had gotten up to 450 pounds. I got down to 190 using Medifast and maintained for the most part until the last couple of years. I fell back into stress eating when I was working full time and running a food truck on the side as a small business. I stopped operating my truck late last year and started doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with my son, in addition to Muay Thai and strength and conditioning classes.

In addition, I have focused on intaking TDEE-20%. I did not want to lose weight too quickly as I did not want to lose any lean body mass. It has worked very well.

Since January, here is my progress:

BF% 40.5% --->28.3%
Weight 311# ---> 256#
LBM 185# ---> 184#
BF 126# ---> 73#
Waist 54" ---> 44"
Chest 52" ----> 47.5"

My first big goal is 20% BF.....I really am not focused on overall weight. I only weigh at the first of each month to calculate BF%

I project I will hit 20% BF in February.

Owpm3eb.gif

Replies

• egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Great job! I lost a lot with MF a few years ago, and then my body decided it couldn't handle all the soy.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I learned a lot about myself back then. While MF probably saved my life, I lost a lot of lean body mass. 14 years later, I take a more slow and steady approach. I focus on eating the correct amount for my goals and activity levels (TDEE - 20%), because ultimately that is sustainable, whereas a liquid diet is not.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You are doing it right this time :). I tried a lot of crazy diets before I realized that it was no quick way to lose weight. Great job again :)
  • freefalling83
    freefalling83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just have to say congrats and I love the BTTF reference!
  • rage032
    Options
    LOL, I too clicked for the BTTF reference. Well done mate. You're bossing it!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump for most clever use of Back to the Future!!! Love that movie! CONGRATS TO YOU AS WELL!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!