No results at all and feeling helpless - need some advice

Options
My name is Megan and about 2 1/2 years ago I joined Jenny Craig and lost 40 pounds after 8 months of it. I gained 30 pounds back after going off of it (it's hard to not miss real food after boxed food for almost a year) and now I am 21, 195.4 and 5'5"

My weight gain was because bad diet ensued - not immediately after Jenny but about 6 months after - and for the past 3 months I have been slowly watching what I eat and slowly getting back into working out. For the past 3 weeks I have seriously watched my diet and I am up to running 3 miles and I feel incredible (health wise) But my body isn't budging a bit. I actually have weighed 194.8 for the past 2 months and for some reason when I weighed myself I weigh 195.4, so I GAINED a pound after a month of diet and exercise. I am so confused as to what is wrong with me. I eat very healthy, snack on fruits and veggies, control my portions and eat 1400 calories a day. I try to make sure I am never hungry so I never go into starvation mode, again by snacking on veggies or fruits and I still count those into my calorie count. I am desperate at this point because I used to drink a ton of pop and fruit juice and I barely, barely touch it at all now for the past 2 months (should have seen something when I stopped that habit) I only have some OJ every now and then.

I am wondering if maybe it all has to with my birth control. I started birth control toward the end of Jenny and I actually became unwillingly stable at 165 and couldn't lose weight then so that is why I left because I was happy enough with my body. After gaining 30 pounds and have the worse time losing weight, I am beginning to think that my birth control: Tri Springtec, is responsible for my lack of ability to lose weight. It isn't causing weight gain but I think it prevents me from losing it.

I dunno, I am desperate and hate my body and nothing I do works. I am going to see a dietrician on the 24 but I just can't wait that long to try and seek for help in other places. I am HIGHLY contemplating getting off birth control but I am sexually active still and am a college student so don't want children yet. I am considering using other things to prevent pregnancy that are over the counter but obviously aren't full BC.

Any advice...please?

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Entirely serious here. Have you considered seeing a therapist? If you're feeling desperate and hate your body that much, it sounds like you might be inclined to try any number of unsustainable weight loss options.
  • ggrinsell
    Options
    I am currently trying to lose about 40 pounds
    I have lost 10 so far but I have a question
    I eat about 1200 calories a day
    I eat about 150 grams of protein, 50-75 carbs ( depending if im training) and about 20 grams of fat- its a version of the 40/40/20 diet that my trainer changed
    So I eat 1200 calories and I work out about 5-6 days a week, 2 with my trainer. When Im with my trainer its an hour of abs legs arms weights and an hour of cardio. When its just me its an hour of cardio, abs, and some weights but not as much as w my trainer.
    So I log it all in and lets say I burn 600 calories, which is about average for an hour on the eliptical. I drink whey with water right after a workout but thats only about 100 calories. So I continually have a deficit of 500 calories every single day. I have an office job so I dont move around a ton. MY question is do I need to eat more??? I dont want my body in " starvation mode" but honestly im not that hungry. I work out after work so its always at night time and I take walks w my dog in the afternoon sometimes.
    Anyone have any advice?? I really appreciate it!!!