GTA 5?

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
Is coming out in a few weeks, but I don't know whether I should get it or not. One of the reasons I got overweight/obese in the first place was the GTA franchise. :laugh: Do any of you fellow gamers who have not given up your hobby have any tips on how you have integrated it into your new healthy lifestyle? Do you just give yourself a certain amount of time each day/week to play? I wonder if it's possible to workout and play it at the same time, ie walk on the treadmill or use an exercise bike?

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the release of this game; it doesn't interfere with my "healthy lifestyle" as I play when time allows.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the release of this game; it doesn't interfere with my "healthy lifestyle" as I play when time allows.
    Thank you, that's an excellent point. Sometimes I get afraid of slippery slopes like gaming/movies etc, but I have to remind myself that I have a new lifestyle now and that I won't get sucked back into the vortex that easily. :laugh:
  • Naina_Bug
    Naina_Bug Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting it for two reasons.
    1. I'm too busy to play it right now.
    2. I plan on buying a PS4 and I don't want to waste my money buying a game that I will only have a few months to play.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Video games didn't make me fat....it was the snacking while playing. LOL...Now i play after I work out, prep my meals, play w/ my daughter and help her with home. So that gives me a limited time to sit and play. :smile:
  • Mushiemallows
    Mushiemallows Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to get it! But I think I want Saints Row 4 more than I want GTA5, so it might have to wait.
    It might be handy to let yourself do as much gameplay as exercise if it's really going to be a problem? For example an hour of exercise a day earns you an hour of gameplay? :) Though I'm sure it's unnecessary and you'll be able to control it!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    2. I plan on buying a PS4 and I don't want to waste my money buying a game that I will only have a few months to play.

^This. My sons and I do a fair bit of gaming but for now, holding off until the PS4 is available with some decent titles. Gaming typically happens at night so workouts are in the books and food logged.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

^This. My sons and I do a fair bit of gaming but for now, holding off until the PS4 is available with some decent titles. Gaming typically happens at night so workouts are in the books and food logged.
    Thanks. I didn't even know there was a PS4 release imminent. Hmmm. Interesting. And I will definitely only be gaming at night also. Used to be way too often.