Garcinia Cambogia (sp?)

Options
Has anyone hopped on this bandwagon? Any success stories?

Replies

• raye1984
    Options
    i drink a detox tea that has garcinia cambogia in it and i have to say i love it, i feel great, it helps with the weight loss and helps with detoxing my system of nasty junk
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    i drink a detox tea that has garcinia cambogia in it and i have to say i love it, i feel great, it helps with the weight loss and helps with detoxing my system of nasty junk

No. Calorie deficit for weight loss and the body does a great job of cleansing itself, which is why we poop and pee.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

No. Calorie deficit for weight loss and the body does a great job of cleansing itself, which is why we poop and pee.
    QFT
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Was never a big fan of the campaign (SP) but the multiplayer is pretty fun
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about it myself.......
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's great for making your wallet lighter.
  • heatedarrow
    Options
    There's no scientific evidence behind its efficacy at all. Sadly, this goes for most of the things you see on the market today.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What nomeejerome said. If "Doc" Oz and I use that term very loosely, is touting it, it's probably a scam, if that's where you heard about this latest craze. There may be some benefit to the fruit, herb, mineral or whatever it is, but it alone will not be the magic bean. Don't waste your money, but that just MHO.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    It's great for making your wallet lighter.

This totally made me giggle.
  • nal1982
    Options
    I just wanted to add my experience with taking Garcinia Cambogia...I started using MFP again on August 26th. I have my settings on losing 1.5 lbs. per week, which gives me 1460 calories/day, and I walk for 30 minutes or so 3-4 times/week. I eat back some of my calories most days. The first week I started MFP, I lost 3 lbs., but that usually happens at first, due to losing water weight (at least for me). I started taking the Garcinia Cambogia on August 30th, and since then, have lost 6 more lbs. I tend to lose weight pretty quickly when I set my mind to it, but this is a bit quicker than usual for me. I don't know if it's due to the Garcinia Cambogia, but I know it's for sure not hurting my weight loss at all! What it DOES NOT do is curb your appetite, (I definitely still get that "hungry" feeling) but it does make me feel much fuller, much faster, and I can EAT! I'm one of those people that feels like I'm never full. That's helped me a lot, because I track my meals before I eat them, and if I don't finish a meal, I save it for later. Which, in turn, cuts out calories I would have used for snacks. I take 2 about 30 minutes before lunch and dinner. So...that's my experience with it, just thought I'd share :)

ETA...I, in NO WAY, think that there's a "magic pill" or anything like that, for healthy weight loss. It comes from a healthy diet and hard work. This has just been a "boost", I guess you could call it, for my own weight loss.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add my experience with taking Garcinia Cambogia...I started using MFP again on August 26th. I have my settings on losing 1.5 lbs. per week, which gives me 1460 calories/day, and I walk for 30 minutes or so 3-4 times/week. I eat back some of my calories most days. The first week I started MFP, I lost 3 lbs., but that usually happens at first, due to losing water weight (at least for me). I started taking the Garcinia Cambogia on August 30th, and since then, have lost 6 more lbs. I tend to lose weight pretty quickly when I set my mind to it, but this is a bit quicker than usual for me. I don't know if it's due to the Garcinia Cambogia, but I know it's for sure not hurting my weight loss at all! What it DOES NOT do is curb your appetite, (I definitely still get that "hungry" feeling) but it does make me feel much fuller, much faster, and I can EAT! I'm one of those people that feels like I'm never full. That's helped me a lot, because I track my meals before I eat them, and if I don't finish a meal, I save it for later. Which, in turn, cuts out calories I would have used for snacks. I take 2 about 30 minutes before lunch and dinner. So...that's my experience with it, just thought I'd share :)

ETA...I, in NO WAY, think that there's a "magic pill" or anything like that, for healthy weight loss. It comes from a healthy diet and hard work. This has just been a "boost", I guess you could call it, for my own weight loss.

And here is where it worked different for me. It DID curb MY appetite and when I do eat I have a really hard time finishing what I started. The thing is... we are all different. ANY pill (prescribed or over the counter) is going to react to us all differently. I'm in love with the way it has helped me...and I'm glad I spent the money to get it. And I will agree with you 100% that in NO WAY this isn't a magic pill...and I'm sure not going to say it is. It does take work, and consistency, and dedication, but if this pill *helps* me even a little, I'm pretty happy with that. I'm happy with the results I've gotten. :)
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    And... I will also add that I've taken my Garcinia Cambogia WITH Apple Cider Complete tablets every day. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I've heard a lot of good things about Apple Cider tablets so why not? I got BOTH of them from GNC and yes, the Garcinia was a little high priced at $44.99, but the Apple Cider Complete tablets were only $14.99 for a 2 month supply.

I get no jittery feelings, no headaches... nothing. Just the full factor when it comes to eating. I'm not advertising for them, just simply stating where I got them, and how much they are. I've been losing steadily 2 lbs at least a week on them. 4 lbs the first week... 2 the following, 3 the following, and 2 again last week. And... I've noticed also a huge difference in THIRST....I'm CRAVING water!!!!! So I've been drinking a LOT more water than I used to. Not bad if you ask me.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Dudes, it's tamarind extract. Go buy some tamarind and cook with it if you're that enthused.
  • RedHeadBrains
    RedHeadBrains Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for 2 weeks and it works great for me as an appetite suppressant. I also notice during the day I work up a sweat much easier than I used to. Not sure if this has anything to do with the Garcinia Cambogia, but it is something that has noticeably changed since I started taking it. I will let you know if I lose any weight on it after 30 days :) My clothes feel more loose but I am not weighing myself until I hit 4 weeks.
  • mayastan1
    mayastan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have been taking it for 3 weeks .. and have been losing weight, i have tried everything in the past, counting calories, personal trainers, shake diets, given them all a good crack, not just a couple of weeks and given up.. and not had any success losing weight (this time around) i have previously lost 35kg with calorie counting.. i think ive struggled this time because of my Implanon implant
    I know a lot of people on here are very anti Garcinia, and i know there are some scam websites out there not actually sending the product.. But i have lost a bit over 3 kg's in the 3 weeks ive been taking it, havent changed anything else.
    definately dont have as much appetite as before, so im not reaching for junky snacks, sweating more when im exercising and generally feeling good

The green coffee beans that some advise you to take with the garcinia made me feel like a moody mess tho, so i scrapped them after day 2 lol
    i got it from a reputable health food dealer on ebay ...
    please do some of your own research, there is lots online about this product :)
  • animal_amy
    Options
    I also have the implanon implant and am struggling badly to lose weight. I never saw the connection before **facepalm!!** but I have slowly gained a lot of weight since having it put in approx 2 years ago.
    I am trying hard to get the weight off, counting calories, eating very healthy, exercising for at least 1hour at least 3-4times a week,
    and for months and months of this I literally have not lost any fat.. I've gained a bit of muscle, but that's it!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    burning_money_by_aitran96-d374vys.gif
  • mayastan1
    mayastan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have the implanon implant and am struggling badly to lose weight. I never saw the connection before **facepalm!!** but I have slowly gained a lot of weight since having it put in approx 2 years ago.
    I am trying hard to get the weight off, counting calories, eating very healthy, exercising for at least 1hour at least 3-4times a week,
    and for months and months of this I literally have not lost any fat.. I've gained a bit of muscle, but that's it!

yep you're telling my story ! lol
    over the 4 years ive had it in i've slowly put on 10 kgs :( despite being healthy and active !
  • chazzi1969
    Options
    I am really interested in taking the Garcinia Cambogia and the one question I have is what brand have you been taking that you have had success with. I have done alot of research and have read it should have at least 800mg dose with 60% HCA. There are just so many out there. I am in Canada, so would prefer a Canadian Supplier/Brand that I can purchase locally.