yummy fun with dates?

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
I love dates they are one of my favorite things ever :D What are your fav recipes with them?

Replies

• Apicius
    Apicius Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    chopped with cottage cheese and some cinnamon
    in muesli
    a date spread (date and spices) on fruit toast with banana
    date scones utter yumbos
    date and walnut and honey loaf
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    you mean aside from sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and vanilla bean icecream? :laugh:

I think I just drooled on my keyboard...

I do have a decent recipe for banana date bran muffins which are good, and packed with fibre!
  • meeper123
    Options
    I a vegan but I bet they would be good on muesli lol
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Soaked in hot water for a while and then blended up with banana and walnuts. It makes a butter like spread that is devine!!!!!! Awesome on apples, or spoons, or fingers......
  • Raw vegan brownies!!!

1 cup of soaked dried dates
    1 cup of almonds
    1/4 cup of coconut
    4 tsp cocoa

place half of the almonds in a food processor and blend to a flour.
    Add the rest of the ingredients and a little water is needed
    Press into a lined loaf pan and refridgerate!
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Bump for date recipes! I currently have medjool dates soaking in warm water, cinnamon and vanilla :3
  • meeper123
    Options
    these al sound so great!!!
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    This is sort of complex and takes some time, I haven't done a ton of vegan baking but I find that's normally truly when I do, do it so you're probably used to it. And it's SO worth it

Pumpkin Pie W/ Almond Date Crust from Sweet & Healthy Living Blog

(Big “T”= tablespoon, small “t”=teaspoon)

Crust:

1 1/2 c almonds
    8 dates
    1 T maple syrup
    ½ t cinnamon
    ½ t ground ginger
    ¼ t nutmeg
    ¼ t allspice
    pinch of salt

Filling

2 c mashed cooked pie pumpkin (homemade is best)
    2 small cans of coconut cream (160 ml each) (available at Waitrose in the UK) (or sub with 300 ml or 1 1/4 c of full fat coconut milk) <--- I'm in the US I used Coconut Oil I think it's the same thing as the UK's coconut cream, but it came out really good so even if it isn't a recommend that
    2 t agar agar flakes
    ¼ c water
    1 t vanilla
    1 t cinnamon
    1 t ground ginger
    ¼ t nutmeg
    ¼ t allspice
    1 T maple syrup (or to taste)

First process the almonds into a fine meal in a food processor. Next add the dates and spices and process until the mixture sticks when pressed together with your fingers. Press the crust into a pie plate (or use mini tart pans) and place in the freezer to chill while you make the filling.

Place all filling ingredients except the agar into the food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. The filling should be very thick at this point. Add the agar to a pot with the water and heat on low stirring until disolved. Pour the agar mixture into the food processer and quickly blend until smooth. Pour mixture into your pie crust and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours. Top with coconut whipped cream if desired! (whipped cream from top of the coconut milk can)
  • Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been making cranberry chia energy bars a lot lately. I think I could live off this sort of stuff.

http://www.inspirededibles.ca/2013/03/cranberry-chia-energy-bars-raw-vegan.html
  • meeper123
    Options
    k I know what I am going to do just make it all and have my friend come over for "date" night lol we can sample everything
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump