ladies- whats your magic calorie weight loss number??

Options
1200, 1500, 1800, etc what is the number you lose the most on? and how did you find it?

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    NET 1400 -1500. I am 5'3, work an office job ( eat back every single exercise calorie).

1400 is above my BMR. If i go less, weight loss stales and i get cranky. Depending on how much I want to cut and where I am currently in a running plan 1400-1500 works. Right now I am maintaining since I Am full marathon training so my net is TDEE (1700).
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    That's what I want to find out. I am 5'5 and 130 pounds. I want to get to 120 but I seem to have hit a plateau, I am interested if anyone has had the same issue .
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently 2400-2500.

It took time, tracking and trusting science (who's a special snowflake? not me!) that I needed to increase calorie and eat more. I got a FitBit Flex to help me get over the fear of food. Seeing how much I actually burn every day takes the guess work out if. Actually, FB underestimates my burns by about 200 per day on average. I just looked at the past 42 days and I have averaged eating 2,770 per day and am maintaining weight and having gains on all of my lifts in the gym.

I'm at maintenance with a very little fat loss goal so focusing on recomp and purely getting stronger, so I would only cut slightly if at all. When I had more to lose, I was eating 2000-2250 per day.

Read this to help figure out what your daily intake should be for a healthy fat loss: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet . It has step by step instructions. :flowerforyou:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    mine is set at 1700 but I usually eat 1400-1600. I work in a factory were I normally run a very active job. I noticed that if I have a few days off of the machine Im usually on, the scale doesn't move much. so I tell the boss to keep me on it because its my 8 hr cardio workout lol:tongue:
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    BFA !!!