healthy sides

Options
Does anyone know some healthy sides that go well with chicken breast and steamed broccoli?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Roasted red potatoes, baked zucchini with parmesan, baked potato, cilantro lime rice, etc. I am a starch person and always have a starch at dinner.
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options
    Thanks the baked zucchini sounds delicious.
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love roasted beets and they are so easy, you just rub some oil on them and roast them for about an hr and the skin just falls off. Also roasted brussel sprouts cut in half with a little oil with salt and pepper.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love roasted beets and they are so easy, you just rub some oil on them and roast them for about an hr and the skin just falls off. Also roasted brussel sprouts cut in half with a little oil with salt and pepper.

And this week and last, the fresh beets have been enormous. The size doesn't seem to effect the flavor so the bigger they are the better as far as I'm concerned. I roast them without oiling them by wrapping each one in foil and baking until I can poke a fork in them.

Almost anything is good with chicken.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    the baked zucchini sounds awesome. i will have to try that tomorrow night! i go back and forth between steamed cauliflower, salad, baked potato, brussell sprouts, edamame, grean beans. Just the regular stuff. thankfully Im learning more things to cook just by being on this site.
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options

And this week and last, the fresh beets have been enormous. The size doesn't seem to effect the flavor so the bigger they are the better as far as I'm concerned. I roast them without oiling them by wrapping each one in foil and baking until I can poke a fork in them.

Almost anything is good with chicken.

I'll definitely have to try them without the oil! They are definitely juicy all on their own.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Brown rice and quinoa are my go-to sides. I also enjoy roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I cut up cauliflower sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little olive oil bake until tender.....I also saute brussel sprouts with a little soy sauce. Also Asparagus grilled with a little olive oil and parmesan cheese. (parm cheese makes everything better, lol)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like cherry tomatoes cut in half and sauteéd with just a tiny bit of olive oil, plenty of dill and salt, and finished with a little squeeze of lemon juice. I have this as a side like four times per week.