My first week...

Options
I did my first official weigh-in yesterday and nothing moved! I still weigh the exact same as I did when I started a week ago :( I know it's only been a week but I just wanted some opinions on whether I should be doing more...

I have been logging my food religiously and have kept under my calorie goal (1390) with special focus on keeping sodium down. I went from drinking absolutely no water, to 8 cups a day and have added 30 minutes of walking 7 days a week.

Am I missing something? Or being impatient?

Replies

• precioustypeoflove
    Options
    my first week i dropped 7lbs maybe u should switch up ur diet a little and maybe drink more water is ur diary open so i can c ur food i will add u as a friend
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a great start, although the scales didn't reward you. A couple of questions, did you weigh yourself on the same scales at the same time of day? Sounds dumb, but can make a difference. Also, did you take measurements, as often these change without the scales doing the same. For instance, I started doing Zumba 3 times a week and weighed myself religiously - NOTHING changed on the scales at all, but I dropped a whole pant size cause I toned up and built up muscle (which is heavier than fat)! Its only since coming on MFP and logging food that my scales have actually changed.

I guess what I'm saying is - you're doing great stuff, and I'm 99% sure good things will be happening in your body even though the scales haven't moved. Don't give up!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    be patient you'll see result if you keep trying.

1573215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED AND DO NOT QUIT!!! The first two weeks I lost a half a pound. The last three I have lost 6. I just reminded myself that the pain of self-discispline is far less than the pain of regret. It is far better to be doing something than nothing!! So keep doing the right thing and it will work!! I also noticed when I pick up exercising regularly my body hangs on to water more during the first couple of weeks.

Good luck!!
  • cindil
    Options
    Yo:smile: u need to make sure you eat enough, otherwise you body will go into survival mode and you won't lose.....I know ; )
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    depends on your body size, my calorie intake is only 1200 cals for the day. But make sure you are eating good calories, not empty calories like in sodas.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! May take time but you'll get there!
  • sammoniz
    Options
    Sorry, I should've elaborated... under my calorie goal is usually within 100 calaries. And I haven't been drinking anything but my 8 cups of water!