Before...After: A year between photos

Options
Here is my Success Story. I wasn't sure when I wanted to share my story, as I am not 'done' and never will be. There will be a couple more pounds to lose, toning, maintenance....I plan on keeping my success a continuing saga. But I felt inspired to share since many of your success stories have kept me going. Thanks, btw! So, here goes:

Height=5'6"
SW=161.8
GW=135
CW=138.8
Age=40

A year ago in June I decided turning 40 was going to be something memorable. My weight was getting out of hand and I was feeling 'old'. Dropping down to 145 by my birthday seemed doable. Summer passed and I added a few more pounds, I thought I had better get on it. Started P90 in September, 2012. Didn't change my diet or track my foods. Didn't lose either! Got discouraged and my enthusiasm faded. Fast forward to January, 2013: Holidays had been fattening and my window of opportunity was closing. Decided I was going about this weight loss thing all wrong. I HAD to change the way I ate as well as working out. But I LOVE food! Then, I remembered my MFP account I had signed up for back in June. Tracking my food was a shock at first. I started to figure out how to eat and exercise. I started drinking more water, a lot more water! Found a couple of MFP friends that made me accountable. (along with having someone 'in the same boat' who I could commiserate with!) A BIG thank you to them!! And lo and behold...I lost weight! Hit my birthday a whole pound under my goal! I didn't stop there, either. Still felt I could do more. Spent the summer working on a few more pesky pounds. I even ran my first 5K with a respectable time of 33:43! I continue ever onward. I am immensely proud of how far I have come. I can ride my horses with more balance, can keep up with my busy life, inspired my kids to think about their eating/exercise and have a sense of confidence I have never had. (not confident enough to show my face in my photos though! Hahahaha!) So, there it is. I hope this can help someone as much as the many stories here have helped me! Good luck!

Now for the photos: (I hope!!!)

BEFORE:
906efc12-0929-4221-a191-f6dfde140f79_zps3d750dc3.jpg

AFTER:
04cdf6e7-b7dd-4461-a228-9d03f397c3cd_zpscffed8cc.jpg

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look great.
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It has been an honor being your MFP friend and you have inspired me on way more than a few occasions! Thanks for your support and congratulations on the new you! I look forward to the day I can have the confidence to post my own pictures - not there yet, but hopefully one day!

Thanks for your cheerful and inspiring support always!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing!!
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you have a great success story!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Excellent work - it shows!
  • klerato
    Options
    Congrats,You look great!
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all of your hard work and exceeding your goals!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful difference! I'll bet you got to buy a new wardrobe.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look fantastic!
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fantastic job!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, keep going, you're doing a brilliant job!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • alyama
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats and thanks for sharing! It's so inspiring!
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Congratulations on your success! I have a very similar story. I posted a blog when I met my goal back in April. Counting calories is the only thing that's ever worked for me. When I first started MFP I set a 'reasonable' goal weight thinking that would be really hard to do. Losing weight gave me the confidence I needed to get where I really wanted to be, 5-7 pounds lower than that, and I've been maintaining ever since. What a huge difference it made, as it has for you. You don't realize how good your body was meant to feel. It's so nice to exercise just for the fun and fitness of it, not for the sole purpose of losing weight. Like you though, it doesn't end there. I intend to stay with MFP and keep logging. Keep up the good work!
  • twinkelbel
    twinkelbel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well done,keep up the awesome work <3
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Oh my. That is simply fabulous - you must be delighted. :-)

Well done on achieving that new athletic bod! xx
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great!!! I used to ride horses when I was a teen!! Great fun! Could never do it now. Love the horse pic!
  • angel2448
    Options
    Good Going!!! I don't know you and I'm proud of you. You have come a long way, and I have to say, getting
    older, for me, it's not easy like it was 15 years ago. But, seeing someone whose not in their 20's kickin it
    the way you do motivates me. And those pictures, You Look Good Girl!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I know this might sound really odd, but I love your arms. If I had to pick how I wanted my arms to look, I'd want mine to look like yours. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!